Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAD Item category

mtarundeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone explain why the Plant is not determined in the standard sales order for the TAD item category line item.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mtarundeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

So As I understand, if the Item category is determined in SAP as TAD,then the plant is not determined even though I have the CMIR maintained with a delivery plant

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not much aware of TAD item category.

As far as i know, the item category do not have any direct connections for determining plant (unless there is some routines or ehancements used). Is this material existing in a plant ?

Please check all the configurations

Jobi

mtarundeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

We have a customized logic to determine the Delivering plant ,but unfortunately that is not the reason.

I shall check it out with the help of an ABAPer and will update this post once I have some information .

Thanks

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Please check in the Material master(type-DIEN): sales:Salesorg1 view if delivering plant is maintained or blank and check whether the division and material group is service related as per business requirement.

The general configuration for Service Item is as follows:

1. The Item Category TAD is for services material, which comes with all standard SAP settings.

No Need to change any settings in TAD (in VOV7, check Billing relevance as 'B').

2. Create a Service Order Document or can use standard order also, then carry out all Sales Order      determination steps in SPRO like defining Document Pricing Procedure and assign it to Service      Order Pricing and OVKK,T.code, assign the pricing procedure for your sales document type

3.  Maintain the copy control between the billing type and order type in VTFA T.Code.

Anyhow, plant can also be maintained for TAD item.

<Text removed by Moderator. As point/reward begging is against SCN RoE>

Best Regards,

Kishore Podichetty (KP)

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

TAD item category is used for service. So, plant is irrelevent as service do not exist as a material in any plant.

Ie, Y when you have a service material (item category group LEIS) entered in sales order, the item category is TAD and plant is not determined, or allowed for that material.

Regards

Jobi

mtarundeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks  Jobi for the reply

I understood that TAD is for service ,but in case if I would like to know from which plant the service is rendered then I would need the plant so if I rephrase the question

: How can I get to know the triggering point of  whether plant is to be determined or not  in the   sales order is it with the billing relevance indicator or any other .

Thanks,

Tarun

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

It has nothing do do with billing relevence of the item category.

IF the material is maintained in a plant, then plant will be caputured in sales order. Also, in MMR, there should be a delivering plant assigned.

Plant will be determined based on two more things;

Delivering plant in Customer Master Record

Plant from Cust Mat Info record.

I have not worked on service materials much, so my knowledge is limited. This is as per my understanding

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

As Jobi told correct, Plant is nothing to relate with billing relevance and also about Plant determination by 3 ways,  can you update if your issue is resolved or you need further assistance in any specific area.

Regards,

Kishore