cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to do an initial update of Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've just built a brand new 7.1 Solution manager and I'm attempting to apply the patches using the SP stack online tool.  My starting point is ISS Inital and my ending SP is 13.  I've downloaded all of the required patches and loaded them into the EPS\in location.  The stack.xml file is generated from SAP's online tool.

When I start SUM (10SP12_13) right after asking me for the stack file it errors our with the following error message.

May 4, 2015 8:42:32 AM [Info  ]: The detected system topology is DUAL_STACK

May 4, 2015 8:42:32 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator inboxOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

May 4, 2015 8:42:32 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator stackOpEliminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

May 4, 2015 8:42:32 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator ContentLocationDialogEleiminator does not allow to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

May 4, 2015 8:42:32 AM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator DownloadSMPEliminator allows to omit dialog DefineTargetDialog

May 4, 2015 8:44:05 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key inbox.option to value false into shared input catalog.

May 4, 2015 8:44:05 AM [Info  ]: Setting catalog key stack.option to value true into shared input catalog.

May 4, 2015 8:44:05 AM [Info  ]: Parsing stack definition file I:\Patches\Stack.xml...

May 4, 2015 8:44:05 AM [Info  ]: Parsing of stack definition file I:\Patches\Stack.xml has finished.

May 4, 2015 8:44:05 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.spxmlparser.SPXmlParserException: Stack definition file I:\Patches\stack.xml is rejected. Provide a new stack definition file and try again.

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equalsIgnoreCase(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.sdt.util.xml.XMLElementIF.getContentTrimmed()

I have tried recreating the stack.xml file multiple times with now success.  I've also logged a ticket with SAP, does anyone have any suggestions of things I could try?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check SAP Note 1577909, point 3.

Quoting from the Note:

Load the current SAP Solution Manager 7.1 stack DVD from the SWCenter on SAP Service Marketplace.
Installations and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Installation and Upgrade -> [OS version] -> [DB version]

51049441 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 13
The DATA directory on this DVD contains an XML file, the current ABAP stack, and the current Java stack.

So, with the DVD there should be no issues.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generate the stack.xml from solution manager ISS system for SP13.

Regards,

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are issues when creating stack XML from Solution Manager ISS. If you get the issues in Maintenance Optimizer, you will be pointed by Maintenance Optimizer support to SAP Note 1577909.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño