cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some help with a Business Process monitor PPO Collector

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

We have one particular monitor that won't return any value, consistently gray.

Monitoring scenario is Shopping Cart/PPO process - we have cases where Shopping carts fail to create purchase orders in our ECC system.

We can see the errors, and have created a monitor with a threshold of '1" just to try to trigger the alert.

Process being monitored is PURORD006, monitor object is boppocol

Configuration is generated and activated, there are no errors in SLG1.  Monitor runs every 5 minutes.  There are no config errors showing anywhere, and there are no authorization errors for any users.

There are a few red extractors, but they're all workload/e2e related, not BPMON.  Agents are green.

Solman is 7.1 Sp12, newly upgraded, all Managed system config/techmon/bpm config clean and green .  This also did not work in our previous SP10 incarnation.

Does not matter which ECC system we configure for this, they all act the same way, no metric.  Like there's something fundamentally incorrect with our setup or we aren't understanding how this particular monitor works.  We have other BPM monitors that work just fine, so it's not a complete config failure, just this one particular one.

ECC system has st-pi  2008-1-700 10

st-a/pi is 01R_700

System is not allowing me to embed screenshots..  grr.....  attached screen shots.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Bernie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

Do you activated SRM index table ?

Different from ERP, for SRM monitor we retrieves data using SRM index table.

So to use SRM monitor, it is required.

Please refer to the SAP Note 1320940 following description.

1. For SRM systems please note that the SRM index tables must be filled (but not necessarily activated, for details see SAP Note 856803) in order to allow the usage of data collectors for SRM as part of the ST-A/PI. That is because the SRM-specific data collectors access only the SRM index tables (two database tables "bbpd_pd_index_h" for header data and "bbpd_pd_index_i" for item data).

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Keiji - We are not monitoring our SRM system - the ECC system is having the errors.  I have wondered if we are misunderstanding this monitor though and if we need to be monitoring SRM as well. 

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernie

Sorry I just judge from SRM text.

Unfortunately I have never tried PPO monitor so could not judge whether this is right object for your need or not.

But I suspect it seems not for following reasons.

1). In the Key figure explanation slide ( http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000230852008E ), it exist under the banking area. So even the PPO(Postprocessng office) is generic function for multiple purpose, It looks intented for banking solution. (not sure)

2)I just check ERP system and relevant coding.

(Program /SSA/EBO contain coding for PPO. But in normal ERP, program looks commented out).

I search "PERFORM GET_PPO_ORDERS" within this form program search table like    /SAPPO/ORDER_HDR, /SAPPO/WL   etc...

Since our ERP is normal ERP not bacnking base, I assume coding is commnted out due to this reason... If your SRM backend is normal ERP ( I assume normal ERP), I suspect similar situation.

Judging from your initial comment, you want to check the shopping cat without backend document right ? In that case, how about SRM shopping cart monitor ?

In SolMan, if you choose SRM process ( i mean backend is SRM), you may see SRM shopping cart monitor and 3rd key figure is " Shop. Carts Items, still not created follow-on doc".

So how about using this one ?

Following is its help text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purpose

This backlog data collector determines the number of shopping carts items for
which a follow-on document was not created in the back end, which means that
they still have status 'In Transmission (I1111)' or 'Error in Transmission
(I1112)'.

Documents with these statuses are identified based on the object status in
table CRM_JEST. Only documents with the values 'I1111' or 'I1112' in the fields
CRM_JEST-STAT (Object Status) and CRM_JEST-INACT = ' ' (Indicator: Status Is
Inactive) are taken into account by the report.

This backlog key figure was developed to notify the application management team
that an interface problem occurred when the follow-on document was transferred
to the back end or that a problem occurred when the relevant follow-on document
was created in the back end (usually due to incorrect master data or
Customizing).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best Regards

Keiji

bernie_krause
Participant
0 Kudos

Really good description, Keiji.  My feeling is that this is what is happening, but our clients are responding to the symptom in ERP, not the cause in SRM.  (they sometimes have difficulty distinguishing cause and effect.. lol)  We did finally get our permissions set correctly and it looks as if we're getting the results in ERP, but I agree with you that if the actual problem is occurring in SRM we should be monitoring there, closer to the source. 

Thanks!!

Bernie