cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

varient configuration "object not configurable"

Former Member
0 Kudos

(http://scn.sap.com/thread/1125186) I believe I am having a similar problem.

I have created a varient configuration (rbs99a) to fill out another varient configuration(rb_c_soff).  The two varient configurations are in different plants (rbs99a is in Plant "SED", while rb_c_soff is in plant "221").  Rb_c_soff is a non stocked items and has been placed on the BOM as a Item Category of N (Non-Stock Item)

I am running into an error when trying to pull up the varient configuration (rb_c_soff) when it has been selected in the results in CU50 simulation.  The error is "message no. CX051.  You have selected a BOM item for which characteristic value assignment is not supported. The item is not a configurable object."

Both varient configurations are class type 300.  I did not create rb_c_soff and had noticed that it has multiple class assignments.  I am typically not use to that. 

I had noticed that you suggested using a class type of 200 of the post above.  I am not familar with this idea.  I am looking for some help to resolve the issue.  Any input is helpful.  I been stuck on this one for a while.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The BOM item category is N, which does not support for configurable BOM.

Because in transaction OS13, for N, the ClsItm check box is not selected.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD