cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No RFC destination was defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

We are working on  a hardware upgrade project where all the content from the system 'A' is imported in the system 'B' both are pointing to the same SAP back end.

In System 'B', while trying to refresh some of the reports based on Universe on top of BW cubes with Jco Connection, we get the below error.

Database error:[Data Federator Driver][Server] [Connector 'Universe_Name'] No RFC destination was defined for the server 'System_B.Adaptive_Processing_Server'. (IES 10901)(Error: INF)

The same report is working fine in the system A.

Testing the connection connection with authentication method as SSO that was imported in the system B is successful. Building a new report on same universe is also not allowed throws the same error. Even creating a new universe on the same connection also that throws the error.

I created a new connection with the same configuration as of old connection. Built a new universe using the new connection and able to create sample reports.

Then what is going wrong with the universe that was imported in the System 'B' ??

Environment details:

BO version in both systems : 4.1 SP4 Patch 2

Host OS on System A : Red Hat EL 5.11

Host OS on System B:  Red Hat EL 6.6

BW source in both systems: SAP BI 7.31 SP7

Any KBA or Notes will be more helpful.

Regards

Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I would also suggest the note 2000566 Gateway/host for Data Federator RFC callback inconsistent.

This references a patch for BW 7.31 should be patch 13 to resolve your issue.

You can also check if the connection works outside of SSO by using the specific username and password.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  , Former Member

Thank you for your suggestions.

The connection imported is holding the configuration made in old server.It is resolved by updating the connection configuration file Data federation admin tool.

Regads

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

I suggest you go through the following KBA's:

1703660 ,  1638647 , 1847847

They might help you in the issue you are facing

Please use xsearch to view the KBA's

Pooja