SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts, how to maintain logistics data that is proposed by reference site in article creation?

govind_singh5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing issues with Article creation while creating article, system proposes logistics data like Logistics DC -areas of validity ABCD that is not correct and it comes as an error and we need to replace it with correct figure to complete the setup..please provide your inputs on where i can go and check this reference data for logistics DC tab in particular...

Thanks in Advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I would suggest check your reference article.

First of all, you need to find the reference article. For this, goto transaction WG24 and provide your merchandise category. When you navigate to MC details, you will see a reference article number.

Open this reference article in MM42. Navigate to Logistic DC and Logistic Store view without giving any distribution chain and stores. Make desired changes in the reference data in these views and save your reference article.

Also an important step to check is the reference DC and reference store. Goto transaction WSS1 and check your reference DC and reference store. So whatever reference data you maintain for logistic views, they are maintained for these sites.

Apart from this, you need to check the configuration of distribution chain control if you want to maintain the reference sites per distribution chain. But I would suggest to use a global reference sites maintained in WSS1.

So above steps will help you to understand the settings for reference sites and then in MM42, you can perform the desired changes in reference article.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

I would suggest check your reference article.

First of all, you need to find the reference article. For this, goto transaction WG24 and provide your merchandise category. When you navigate to MC details, you will see a reference article number.

Open this reference article in MM42. Navigate to Logistic DC and Logistic Store view without giving any distribution chain and stores. Make desired changes in the reference data in these views and save your reference article.

Also an important step to check is the reference DC and reference store. Goto transaction WSS1 and check your reference DC and reference store. So whatever reference data you maintain for logistic views, they are maintained for these sites.

Apart from this, you need to check the configuration of distribution chain control if you want to maintain the reference sites per distribution chain. But I would suggest to use a global reference sites maintained in WSS1.

So above steps will help you to understand the settings for reference sites and then in MM42, you can perform the desired changes in reference article.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your quick response..one more thing if i don't want any particular data to be populated in article master creation from reference site that is maintained in WSS1..please suggest the settings.....and I'm not maintaining any MC reference article for now...

Thanks,

Govind Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Ideally speaking if there is no reference article, no data will be copied from reference article and even logistic data will not be created.

There are two types of reference article maintained on MC. One is the value-only article maintained on MC which is used to book the sales of value-only articles for which there is no inventory management. The other reference article is used as a template to copy data into new article. So make sure you do have this article assigned in merchandise category. See the highlighted portion in below image.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit