cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Backend-system-info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

is it possible to get the backend-system-info like at Design Time in the left lower corner?

User, host, port....

Best regards,

Juri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juri,

I am using an extension "Script Box" to write javascript for getting hostname and port number from the URL .

In the attached video , based on the hostname , url to launch is altered as an example.

Is this approach closer to your requirement?

Thanks

Dinesh

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you specify which host and port do you need? the BIP or BW server?

also, what is the reason for it - what can you then make with this information?

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I also found this information necessary. When I use Post Response Parser to send something to HANA xs engine, I need to know what system is used to decide what IP I should use.

Best regards,

Alfred

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juri,

Can you be a little more specific?  What lower left corner do you mean?  On the design canvas?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my mistake, in the Design Studio there is a little button in the right lower corner where you can click on to get current system information.

I would like to know whether it is possible to read this information through the SDK or .ztl function

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juri,

You can call the DataSource.getInfo().system and DataSource.getInfo().user BIAL API methods inside a ZTL function.  However, the DataSource.getInfo().system method only returns the back end system description but not the host or port information.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right

But I need host / port information

Regards,

Juri

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only other thought that comes to mind is to use the approach described by Reiner Hille-Doering in the blog post SDK Tips and Tricks: Resources and Images to obtain an SDK URL and parse the information from that.  However, I am not sure if the URL determined by this approach is a complete URL that includes host and port information.  You could give it a try though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I think that is the only way to determine the system for now

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post back your findings if you do try the URL approach.  I'd be interested to know if it returns the host and port information as per your requirement

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juri,

If you haven't already resolved your issue of getting the backend host/port information, Jeroen van der A has proposed an SDK solution in response to the post API to get current BO server name.  It might be applicable to your scenario too.

Regards,

Mustafa.

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juri

You could use bookmark functionality to obtain your server name from the url by applying a substring trick:

var bookmark = Bookmark.saveBookmark("URL");

var bobjserver = Bookmark.getBookmarkUrl(id).substring(7,20);

Cheers, Carlos