cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

here I am trying out to setup a new JCO destination for the model data(meta data)

For this I added the j2ee host to the existing SLD which was there using the NWA.

There after I went to Visual admin and gave the connection details under the HTTP setting and CIM tabs and successfully triggered the data transfer and the CIM connection.

Then I went to the content Administrator to create a new JCO destination for metadata.Gave the relevant details and authentication of the technical user of the ABAP system which has rights to access and the function modules that will use this JCO destination.

Now its not maintaining this destination.The connection tab under which does not show the details that I have entered.

I also checked the existing SLD if there is any detail that I have missed out but it shows everything except the Logon Group which anyway I have not configured.please let me know if there is anything that I can do to get it right.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Go to Transaction SMLG and find out the logon group. Please provide the same in the SLD technical system details.

Can you explain "and the function modules that will use this JCO destination.

"?

Please check whether the system the Technical System to connect to R/3 is available in SLD.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys and sorry for the delay in posting since I was busy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI amit,

So it means that your SLD is working fine, and you have also tested the SLD check button present in your content manager. Now when you give the logon details for the JCO connection you find that the logon data are missing. This is because of some error during creating a JCo connection. Kindly provide suitable client a login user id and password so that the connection is maintaioned in SLD.

And also if you are not using a router you have to mention the details of the system in service file of you system as

sapms<SIDname> 36<CI no>/message server

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to make entry in service file on WAS server.

sapms<R/3 SID> 36<R/3 Inst No.>/tcp //Message server port

sapdp<R/3 Inst No.> 32<R/3 Inst No.>/tcp // dispatcher port

sapgw<R/3 Inst No.> 33<R/3 Inst No.>/tcp //system Gateway port

For example:

sapmsQ10 3601/tcp //Message server port

sapdp01 3201/tcp // dispatcher port

sapgw01 3301/tcp //system Gateway port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check out the below link