Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity error in Receiver com. channel

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have asynchronous scenario in PI 7.1 system, PI Receiver channel is trying to pass the data to the target system (non-SAP) in asynchronous manner.

I have observed that for few minutes lets say 1-2 or minute, connectivity related error is coming in RWB-channel monitoring and then again messages are started to get processes successfully by the same receiver channel, this happens randomly in a day.

the below is the audit log from RWB.

my query is:

is this the internal module processor error before transmitting the message to Target system or this error comes when module processor is trying to send the message to target system and connectivity with target system gets failed?

I have got this query because in error message it says (highlighted in above screenshot), "Message could not be forwarded permantely to

JCA Adapter" and "Adapter call failed"

please suggest for this uncertain behaviour of Receiver channel.

Regards,

Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagesh,

The issue could happend if the receiver system is overloaded and PI is sending a lot of messages in a few a time or a larger ones. The timeout can be raised for the endsystem and not for PI, depending your receiver channel you can try its timeout or to ask your endsystem administrators if they have any requests number/size limit.

Regards.

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Thank you for your reply.

I am thinking can it be the bad Network issue between the SAP PI and integrated target system?

yes messages flow between these two systems are high though messages size are very less.

I am not getting your point "The Timeout can be raised for the endsystem and not for PI" can you pls give some detail on this.

Regards,

Jagesh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagesh,

I am thinking can it be the bad Network issue between the SAP PI and integrated target system?

This could be the reason, What adapter are you using?

I am not getting your point "The Timeout can be raised for the endsystem and not for PI" can you pls give some detail on this.

I wanted to mean that the endsystem can be overloaded. If the PI delivers a great amount of messages or larger ones, the end of the communication, by timeout, can be in the endsystem and not in PI because i noticed only 20 seconds in the timeout response. In order to know if PI is raising the timeout you should increase this PI value, depending the receiver adapter and your PI version you can do it in different ways.

Regards.

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I am using the Third party IWAY IMS adapter for connecting to Mainframe system and its the asynchronous connectivity.

let me ask to the Admin of endsystem for any chance to increase the request message Timeout period in  their system.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jagesh

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note that in PI 7.1 you cant increase the timeouts for specific integration scenario.If you increase the time outs it will be for the entire PI server however i have no idea about Iway adapter.

Coming to your issue i think the issue is not with PI it can be with mainframe system or the network connection between your PI and mainframe system.I would suggest to work with network team and enable the trace on at the network level which will gives the picture about the connectivity issues.

As you said after some time failed messages process successfully this is because of the retry.Once the PI is trying for the retry may be the network connection restored and able to send messages to mainframes.

Thanks