cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment Lead time calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the calculation for replenishment lead time.

Ex : Material master RLT is maintained as 15 days

SO created on 04.05.2015 for  let say 25 qty. 1st schedule lines let say is on 06.05.2015 and what should be the next schedule line?

Thanks,

Shibaa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The concept of RLT will arise only when there is no stock in the inventory. If there is stock for your Sales order requirement, then system will decide your present date as the material availability date (MAD). Based on this date, the other delivery and transportation lead times will be calculated.

If there is no stock, then RLT is calculated either from procurement lead time or from production lead time, based on the procurement key. Based on this RLT and today's date, the material availability date will be calculated as MAD = Today + RLT

Once MAD is calculated, then the remaining logic is calculated to arrive at delivery date.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks for your reply. I agree on this, but my question is if my pick/pack/transit time/transport lead time all are ZERO. My RLT is 15 days maintained in material master.

If i am creating an order on 05-05-2015 , system is giving Schedule line on 28 - 05 - 2015.

it should be  25 -05 -2015.

Thanks,

Shiva

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shib

It depends on the factory calendar.

There may be some days which are enabled as holidays in factory calendar for your plant.

as per that calculation, system only considers the work days of the plant and accordingly arrive at the date 28.

If you calculate the dates correctly, you realise that it works correctly. Please check this once and then confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shibaa,

Check the note 2135782 for your query.

2135782 - Calculation of the Replenishment Lead Time

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi