cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher installation Through gateway

Former Member

Hi Expert,

I am stuck after the installation of Web Dispatcher. SAP Web Dispatcher is installed on SAProuter

Now We have ERP(Abap), CRM and SRM System connected to Gateway

Now the Idea is to connect to the gateway – through gateway we can connect to ERP, CRM and SRM systems for the corresponding Fiori apps.

I have a few Question and need help :

1. How will we connect the Web Dispatcher to the Gateway which in turn Connect to other System.
  2. Why is Web Dispatcher needed when we have a gateway System.
  3. Is there any configuration done on the Gateway System and the Other System (ERP, CRM and SRM).
  4. Also Since our ERP System is an ABAP System, how can we access through URL.
  5. Can Anybody Suggest me the best method for the Web Dispatcher configuration for this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Xherdan Romeo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Xherdan,

As you may know, web dispatcher can work as a common reverse proxy and load balancer for SAP applications. More recently, SAP web dispatcher was enhanced with a multiple system feature which enables a sigle web dispatcher to interpret the incoming request and forward it accordingly to any configured system while load balancing the request.

In this following link you have a detailed description on how to configure the web dispacther fot a SAP netweaver gateway system:

SAP Web Dispatcher Configuration Reference - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

I'm no gateway expert but it seems that the requirement related to SAP web dispatcher is indeed due the multiple systems to which gateway system is connected.

There will be a rule at web dispatcher to understand that requests like "/sap/opu" should be delivered to the gateway servers.

[...]

Regarding the configuration done on the gateway, I would assume that you have to change something in the settings that control the criteria of the requests and point them to the web dispatcher so then, this new request (let's say /sap/public) will be interpreted by the web dispatcher not to the gateway anymore but to the correct backend system.

Following help docs also explain more about the required settings:

SAP Library - Fiori: Configuration - Generic Chapters

I hope this can help a little.

Cheers,
Ian Segóbio.

Answers (0)