Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypt Password: Decrypting password failed - error code: 5

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am encountering this issue when logging in using the mxmc_admin user in my Identity Center. Please see errror below:

I was able to login and seeing no error in the status of the IC, I also tried running the dispatcher and it successfully run.

Is this something I need to worry about, or is this some kind of product bug?

By the way, I am running this system:

Database: MS SQL 2012 R2

IDM Version: 7.2

SP Level: 0 (base release).

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you!

Regards,

Santi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Santi,

yiu you are most likely getting this error because your KEYS.INI files are out of sync.  Make sure that all systems accessing IDM have the same version of the file and that NW is using the same version as well.

Matt

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Sorry, I was tied up last week and wasn't able to respond to you. Yes, the keys.ini file is properly maintained in the server where NW and RT is installed. I think i forgot to mention that IC is being accessed through different computers.

I am thinking that the way we installed the MMC Snap In of IDM in each computer is the reason.

I found this link (http://scn.sap.com/thread/942637) and will try it later. Anyways, I will mark this as answered as it definitely something to do with the Keys.ini file.

Thank you!

Regards,

Santi

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santi,

Don't forget that the KEYS.INI needs to be on all computers using the IDM MMC and setup in options accordingly.

Regards,

Matt

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I have let one of my colleagues create a document for this one so going forward for all internal company trainings, the resources won't be able to received this error again.

Appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks,

Santi

Answers (0)