cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Index /Condiition Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. Where we do Condition index and condition update configuration?

2. I want to give the discount for the first 100 orders only? For this What configuration we should do?I had checked in additional data for mentioning the number of Orders? PLesae let me know where should I give?

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

<b>Condition indexes –</b>

You can create and use condition indexes to search for condition records that were created for a variety of condition types and condition tables such as list of condition records that apply to a particular customer or product. The activation function displays a list of all available condition indexes and indicates which are active. The system can use a condition index only when it is activated. Before you can use the indexes that are available in the standard system, you must first activate them in customising for condition types. However if you create your own indexes, the system automatically activates each new index when you generate it. In addition, you must specify an update requirement for each condition index.

<b>Condition Update -</b>

This function is configured at the condition type level. it is basically used to update the pricing elements at various levels of the order cycle. like for example price calculated at the order level may differ by the time is delivery is due for that order. Pricing elements such as freight, taxes change periodically. therefore a condition update is needed inorder to update the pricing elements.

<b>For validating the condition record for the first 100 orders,</b>

you need to Customise the Condition type by checking the *condition update. *This will make the condition type updates.

In the maintaining screen condition record of the condition type go to Additional data and give the value either total value or the total number of orders(like 100 in your case).

This will make the condition record work for 100 times. You can also see the status of number of records that were already been utilised, in the Change condition record screen go to the environment and the cumulative values will give you total consumed sales orders. This will work for you

In a standard SAP system the check against number of orders is limitted to 3. So if you want to check against 100 you will have a problem. In this case you have to change the domain for "ANZAUF" as the value range is limited from 01 to 03. If you can convince your customer that you limit to first 99 than you only have to extend the range.

If you have to go for 100 or higher you have to change the length of the domain from 2 digits to whatever is required.

In both cases you change a standard SAP setting which will have an impact when you do a release upgrade.

<b>Reward if helps</b>

Regards

Sai

Message was edited by: Sai

Sai Giridhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Go to VK12 - Additional data (PR00)

under <b>limits for pricing</b> heading -

you can find the field <b>Max number of orders</b>

but as i mentioned earlier, SAP standard limits the max number of orders only to 3. therefore pls take the help an ABAPer and get field length extended.

you might need an access key to make that change.

Reward if helps

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai sai,

I am using version 4.7. Here in the additional field I didnt find any field for orders. Here it showing the Upper limit value and lower limit value and below that sales promotion?Please let me know how to go?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

To activate ur condition update go to ur condition type(v/06) and activate condition update check box.

Then maintain condition records(vk11) in vk11 for ur condition goto additional data.

Reward if it adds info...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this IMG activity, Sales and distribution->Basic functions->Pricing->Maintain Conditon Index,you specify which fields of the condition records are taken into account when creating the index. The selected fields are displayed as selection criteria in the application menu for selecting condition records. In addition to the possibility of searching for condition records using the condition type (for example, prices, surcharges, discounts) and the organizational data, you can define and use other selection criteria using the condition index.

If a condition type is to be taken into account for condition indexes, it must be activated at condition type level.

Before using condition indexes , you must define overviews for condition maintenance.

Configurations to use Conditon indexes,

1. Check whether the condition indexes in the standard system (001 or 002) meet your requirements.

2. Activate each standard index that you want to use.

The indexes are inactive at delivery to avoid unused indexes being updated. Enter one of the two requirements for the index update.

Requirement 1: all index fields must be filled

Requirement 2: the first index field must be filled

3. In the field "Condition index" on the condition type detail screen, select every condition type to be taken into account when creating the index. The condition types are not flagged in the standard system.

4. You can change and display standard indices:

Condition update:

Controls whether limit values are relevant for pricing.You activate this at teh condition type level.

Please reward if this helps

Regards

Simu