cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Vs IBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear bleeding edge experts,

Functionally what is it that IBP can do that APO DP cannot and vice versa ?

The only thing I could manage to figure out from youtube videos on IBP is the cool meeting set up 'workbench' for collaboration in IBP that I can only know better If I buy IBP on a e-bay like shopping portal of SAP..

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat

SAP is coming with new demand planning platform called as IBP.

IBP Demand tool is trying to cover all the drawbacks  which APO DP had for example few are below.

1. IBP tool provide web interface as well s excel interface which is very much user friends and attractive to business users.

2. IBP surely provide standard forecasting techniques/option but provides additional capabilities likes demand sensing as well as predicative analysis capabilities.

3. IBP comes with HANA data base which quite good with performance. HANA also offer additional capabilities like Lemuria business dashboards or online reporting for business users.

At the same time, we should also accept that IBP is it´s initial phase like APO 3.1 or APO 4.1 version. SAP is investing very much into to become more stable and future solution which could replace classical demand planning tool like APO DP.

I hope this gives you high level information.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol. Yes it does at a high level 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

the IBP probably will replace APO on the long run, as Amol said the main improvements of the IBP is the ser interface (web + excel) and HANA. currently it is missing the industry specific solution, and more complicaited stuff like SNP optimization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yossi

SAP is already working on solution like IBM response which could deliver complicate topics like SNP CTM and etc by Q3 this year.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AMOL,

Thanks for the inputs and I totally agree with you.

what would be more interesting to look is for the solutions to replace PPDS.

APO- PPDS has robust, rich functionalities, especially, Planning boards, Dashboards etc.

Running PP Heuristics and functions in background can be designed in IBP, but, the front end or GUI for dashboard, planning boards, etc, I want to see how it will be provided onto Excel with a Add on.

all said, it still in experimental phase, and hoping for user friendly GUIs and interfaces going forward.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

If I am right PP/DS solution is planned to move back in ERP PP.

It is one of the strategic topic from SAP side, so there will not be IBP solution for PP/DS.

They will add additional capabilities of PP/DS into ERP PP.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are already offering APO access directly in ECC Menu.. Perhaps a precursor to moving much of it to ECC. Ideal if they move the entire scheduling and ATP to ECC.

APO should really be an aggregate planning tool with GOOD simulation capabilities. What-if really on the fly. I now see this IBP thingie on help.com offers some 'powerful' programs of APO in it. Depends on what license of IBP you buy. Demand, Supply, Inventory or S&OP. Kind of pizza toppings. They have confused the heck out of everyone. A client of mine has consequently abandoned both APO and IBP. So I am evaluating other options out there from likes of Quintiq, JDA, Logility and other such software.

Is SAP listening ?