Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate handling Not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI EXperts,

I need your help here.

I am using the option of Duplicate handling in sender FTP channel as below:

Enabled Duplicate handling: Yes, Duplicate message alert threshold:0.

But I found few duplicate files are processed and archived twice?

These files have same name(with extension) , are of same size and last modified time stamp is also same.

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue so duplicate files are not processed more than once ?

Regards,

SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts, I have checked the message logs. I have noticed that duplicate files are being processed again. As per my understanding, PI does not have sufficient rights to delete the (duplicate) files; it can only pick, process and archive them. Due to this, a duplicate file stays for 24 hours in the FTP folder and the duplicate check gets expired the moment the file remains there for 24 hours. Due to this, PI treats this duplicate file as a new file and reprocesses it. Please let me know if my understanding is correct or there could be some other reason for this? If my understanding is correct, I believe one option to resolve the issue is as below Option 1: Modify file properties so that PI has sufficient rights to delete duplicate files. Please let me know your thoughts. Regards, SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts.
,Please help.

Regards,

SV