cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Web Browser from ABAP in WINGUI with SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using WINGUI 6.20 patch 47. I need to start a separate web browser to display a BSP.

The difficulty is that we want single sign on to work. We have the portal set up for authentication and our instance is set up to create and accept logon tickets.

We've tried to use the html viewer control but I think this only works within the html gui ?

We've tried the CALL_BROWSER function but it doesn't seem to pass along the logon ticket.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks for your help.

Thierry Dagnino

Systems Architect

Hydro-Quebec

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The HTML Viewer works greate for opening BSP applications with SSO. You can even have state management for stateful BSP applications. Have a look at the following weblog and see if it helps:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the suggested solution works at 90 %.

The BSP we display in the html control calls another bsp in a popup window.

The popup requests the login again. I think this is because the popup starts a new Internet Explorer browser which has no session state.

The strange thing is that if I first start a browser and authenticate to the server and then run the function which displays the bsp in the html viewer, it works great. I think it uses the logon ticket that the browser received.

Everything else works but we can't use it if popups don't work since CRM 4.0 uses a lot of them.

Also, if we use the show_url_in_browser function, it works. The problem is we have a useless window displayed. Is there a way to close this window immediately after the show_url_in_browser method is called ?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Thierry Dagnino

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think that is by design on SAP's part. The SSO ticket generated by the WinGui control is only good that SAP system that is hosting it and only in the HTML control.

If you SSO in this case you will probably have to look elsewhere. I can share how we do it. We have an standalone ITS 620 system with the PAS module (Plugable Authentication System). We use Windows Integrated Authentication through out our corporation. The PAS module running on ITS/IIS allows you to use this windows authentication to transparently generated a SSO2 ticket. The PAS module then redirects you to your BSP page. This solution works as well from the Wingui HTML control. This might be a little more drastic of a solution then you were looking for. In case you want more details, here is another weblog:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/08/03/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-viii--user-authentication-single-sign-on

Answers (0)