Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Pallet Consolidate in Delivery

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some requirements where I would like to have suggestions; please see below.

Part pallets at goods Issue staging area have to consolidated in one HU.

After TO picking and confirmation, pick HUs would be created. Now some pallets would be part pallets and these need to be consolidated into one full pallet. These part pallets can be of different materials. Now we need a RF transaction to scan all part pallets to one full pallet.

1. So on what basis we can say a pallet is full pallet? Lets say different material would have different storage unit types. So if I am consolidating different materials, then on what basis I can add those pallets?

Lets say material A,B and C. Storage Unit type (Large Pallet) of A is 10 cases. SUT(Large Pallet) of B is 5 cases. SUT (large pallet) of C is 5 cases.

And one truck maximum height can have a large pallet which is 10 cases of A.

So now at goods issue area, we have part pallets of A with 5 cases and B and C with 4 cases each.

Lets say if I consolidate A(5 cases) , B (4cases) and C (4 cases) it can not be loaded in the truck. I can have only 2 cases of C.

Otherwise, the height of pallet exceeds the truck height.

Now how can I have SAP check all these and prevent consolidation which is not feasible for loading?

2. Second scenario, lets say pick HUs created for A (5 cases), B (4cases) and C(2cases)

So 3 HUs created in outbound delivery and all have HU labels.

Now which is the best suitable approach to consolidate all 3 materials?

Which is the std RF transaction for this? Also if I create a new HU and pack all 3 HUs in one HU, would that be best approach?

3. How can I have HU label for consolidated pallets? This consolidated pallet will have different materials, so can I have output label with all 3 materials printed?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. there is no standard functionality to automate this is SAP, this is manual process of packing for best fit into trailer(s).

2. packing in VL02N and HUPAST can be used for packing updates/changes, LM24 is standard RF trxn for packing

3. you have very limited options for that in standard, suggest you gather requirements and create custom document if you require a label for each outbound delivery pallet and its contents, I believe a standard packing list might serve your need (paper document detailing the packing details for total shipment)?

hope this helps, please reply back if any questions or need clarification

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks