cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan periodic progress of a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a project with some activities and wbs elements where a progress version is assigned to the activities. The planning and actual measurement methods are 'time proportional' and 'work' in the assigned progress version. I want to obtain a monthly plan of the project progress but I dont know how to do this.

consider the start of the project is 01/05/2015 and i want to obtain the project progress plan at the end of the months 05, 06, ... until the end of the 2015 year:

30/05/2015            x1 %

30/06/2015            x2 %

30/07/2015            x3 %

30/08/2015            x4 %

I try it by cne1 and cne 5, but it does not give me the plan poc of the project monthly but it calculates only the poc for the first activity in the network. I think it works based on the current date.

Please give me some guidance on this issue and clear me how can i obtain the plan progress of project at the end of each month.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you check progress content is configured in your system as per below instruction.

define progress version as 0

define measurement method - cost /time proportioned

object type dependent default value for measurement WBS, Activity Plan/Actual

assign progress cost element cost element category would be 61

if you are using SKF then

CJS2 for planing SKF

KB31N enter SKF to wbs object

CNE1/CNE5 for reporting progress check.

POC will calculate based on Planed qty /Actual qty/overall planed qty*100

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

thanks for reply. I have configured those as follows:

progress version 0,

measurement method time proportional/work for plan and actual and defaulted them

and assigned cost element 6511.

As I said before our client requirement is to obtain the monthly (plan) project progress at the beginning of the project. I tried it by giving different periods in CNE1, but it does not affect the results and i can not achieve this.

Please suggest a solution to this issue.

Regards

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majid.

Are you able to see plant cost by CNE1 report?

if yes then let me know what you have done for actual?

if you have not done then confirm activity then run CNE1 report.

you will get result as expecting.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Sorry if my question is not clear. (please look at the example) I dont have any problem in actual poc, bcws , ... and i can see the actuals when i confirm activities. I want (as in the original post) a plan of the monthly progress of project at the beginning. I restate the above example:

consider the start of the project is 04/05/2015 and i want to obtain, now, what would be the project progress plan at the end of the months 05, 06, ... until the end of the 2015 year:

30/05/2015            x1 %

30/06/2015            x2 %

30/07/2015            x3 %

30/08/2015            x4 %

I give periods 05, 06, ... in CNE1 for progress calculations but it does not work.

how to achieve the requirement?

Regards

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggested how progress can be check and updating in standard sap system and based on above parameter it should be work but as you said its not updating so let me know what you are doing

like you have created project today and plan updated by which transaction in wbs based or activity based?

and what you have done for actual like system how to know the actual or what basis system calculate the progress? if you are executing without done any activity on project object like today project creation then run progress check report. then how system will update the progress?

so please share your process and screenshot what you are doing?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Thanks for your reply and participation in this disscusion. I found that this report does not give me the requirement.

I close the thread.

Regards

former_member218047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why you require only on the last day of the month? Can you please let us know your business requirement in detail?

Regards,

Sesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply

this is the requirement of out client and I want to obtain the monthly plan progress of project at the beginning of project. our client want to know the monthly (planned) project progress at the beginning of project and then he want to compare it at each month with actual progress.

Regards