cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate call object in preventive maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why this happened in preventive maintenance.

I have scheduled the maintenance plan for generate call object, in scheduling parameter tab in maintenance plan I have check mark in Completion requirement  [I go through the F1 help but don't get properly, so here my question is that what is exact functionality of this check mark  ?  ]

As per my understanding whenever the previous call object is not in technically completion, then system will not generate the next call object.

but here in my system before we do any technical completion system automatically generate call object, I also check in IP10 transaction there is showing so many dates are Scheduled called....

Dear gurus please clarify more about this in clearly.

Thanks

Prasanta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You understanding about the Completion Requirement tick is correct. It should not happen the way you said happening. To understand what is happening in your case, we need to see the screen shots of your Plan first 2 tabs to know the values of Cycle period,Scheduling period and Start of Cycle.

Generally with Completion Requirement tick, we do not give scheduling period and we set-up background job for this plan for daily running of IP30. See this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply as you said want to see two tab of maintenance plan. please see below and let me know what I will do next.

Note: we also do set-up background job for this plans.

Regards

Prasanta

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to this only one call object generates upon Save. Please give screen-shot of IP10 also. I doubt you are considering every-line you see as a call object. The lines Scheduled Hold are not Call objects. Only one top line with New start  Save to call status converts to a Call object (Notification or Order). The next line with Scheduled Hold Converts to Call Object only when the 1st one is Completed (NOCO or TECO).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please find below screen shot FYR.

please comment if anything I have to do.

Regards

PK

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes my observations are right.

If you do not want so many lines here then clear the scheduling period  field and restart the schedule and have a Background job as already suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you said generally if you tick on completion requirement then no need to maintain scheduling period and keep it black right.

so in that case what should i do and this is exact reason for system behave like that ?

Now you said keep black scheduling period field and again restart schedule in IP10  and have background job ?

Please suggest......

Regards

PK

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All related things already discussed and also mentioned in the document referred. And you need to do some exercise using the recommended things in Dev servers and experience yourself about the behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK let me do exercise in dev server and then after I will close this thread

thanks for your explanation,

regards

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jogeswara Rao,

I have done background job accordingly as you provided but in sm37 the status still released but you said after save it should be active.

please see the screenshot attached and let me know.

Regard

PK

Hi

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be Released only. When the Start time comes it gets Active status. After scheduling completes, it gets status Finished. Now you observe closely and study. Correlate the document with things happening in the system while you work. Re-read the document if necessary. And close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply now its working fine but i want to know about the below points before closing this thread.

* Once i have done background job for a particular variant, i closed to see its not generate the next call as per scheduling parameter setting in maint. plan.

but i just execute the same variant in ip30 and i saw that all scheduled date up to current date are called means generate maint. order in background.

what is that exact functionality ?

*  After scheduling and reached the scheduled time some plans are 1 called and some are 2 called

Please see below screenshot FYI. and please clarify the same.

Regards

PK

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to have your Preventive or Calibration or Performance maintenance schedule for long term period, you need to have mention scheduling period for such term.

If you do not mention any thing in scheduling period ,system considers at least one call exists and shows only one call.

Example: Few plant engineering department wants to have yearly schedule of their PM checks just like what they are doing before SAP functionality, so in such cases we need to put scheduling parameters for 365.This helps them to plan their PM checks manpower and materials/services accordingly and also they will distribute this yearly schedule to PRODUCTION department to release equipment as per PLAN DATE.

Due to assigning scheduling parameters plant engineering can view the capacity leveling of work centers and they can view the Maintenance load on each day with respect to PM checks.

Scheduling parameters will only show you the trend of your PM checks but generation of Order as per your plan date is based on "Call horizon".

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

Above reply is nice explanation by you but my query is that when I create a variant name like "PLANS_TG" in ip30 and same has been scheduled & do the background job with RISTRA20 program, then after automatic generate the call object means preventive order.

but as per scheduling parameter in maintenance plan the below given parameter maintained in plan.

call horizon 3 day

scheduling period: 2 yr

Tick mark in completion requirement.

I have created a strategy like weekly, midnight, monthly

after two month I executed ip30 transaction with using above variant which is already have scheduled with background job (before execute ip30 I do not complete any call object (maint. order) which is auto generated )  then I saw in ip10 all are scheduled called till current date.

Please clarify.....

also please let me know the above screen shot which I provided in earlier thread.

regards

PK

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

System behaves if your previous order was having status CNF, then system creates call objects.If you do TECHO then it creates order with th eactivation of check box"Completion Requirement".

Kindly check now.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I checked and  let you know that the previous order don't TECHO and still the next call object (MO) is created automatically, as it should not created automatically  till the previous call object is not TECHO as we activated check box "completion requirement.

Regards

Prasanta