cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interim storage types shouldnt be prosposed in LT05 for stock status change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup immediate TO creation for all stock status posting changes in WM. The pre requisite is the whole batch to be included in MB1B. It works fine.

While creating a TO for the Posting change notice in WM, the stock in interim storage types (902,916) is available for selection in the LT05 screen when the whole batch is not selected. I would want to stop the system from proposing the interim storage types; at the same time the immediate TO creation should work for all other physical s.types. I have tried the following:

1. All interim s.types checked for exclusion from stringent FIFO

2. Created a search strategy for removal A, ref, WM mvt. with S type search ***

Result:

Say 10 EA of batch 040412 in Q status - 902 s.type and 10 EA of batch 040412 in Q status in Highrack (001 s.type), first the immediate TO is not created if MB1B - 321 mvt is done for 20 EA  immediate TO is created for both 902 and 001.Secondly, if MB1B is done for 10 EA, it proposes both 902 and 001 for selection but the TO errors out if  902 is selected and works fine for 001.I understand the system needs to know which 10 to select, but I dont want the 10 in 902 to be considered at all. Hence, when MB1B is done for 10EA and if they are found in 001 s.type, immediate TO should be created. All the stock apart from interim should be considered by the system for immediate TO creation.

I wanted to know :

1. Is it possible to stop the interim s.types from being proposed in LT05. If yes, how ?

2. With the solution to 1 above, will it still allow me to create immediate TOs if MB1B is done for the complete batch of material.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

few points

1) MB1B is or to be an obsolete transaction --SAP OSS NOTE 1804812, use t-code MIGO

2) if WM is active then it is always advisable to initiate the transaction from WM using T-code LQ02 as if your business process is first post the stock in IM and then in WM then you are forced to consider the stock of interim stock (902,916) for posting change as from IM perspective stock of 916 or 902 is also a part of overall stock if you initiate this from WM then you can easily avoid the interim bin stock by specifying the bin location