Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin for TO w.r.t Inbound Delivery

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the scenario, we are creating Inbound delivery for the PO line item and Goods Receipt is posted w.r.t the Inbound delivery.

Before posting Goods Receipt, Transfer Order is created for the Inbound delivery where in destination Bin is also mentioned.

But, when we post Goods Receipt for the Inbound delivery (after TO), stock is received in Storage Bin as maintained in customization for movement type.

a. Storage Bin from material master if fixed is maintained.

b. or as per the Requirement type in case dynamic is maintained.

We want that stock should be received in the destination Storage Bin maintained in the Transfer Order. kindly suggest.

Regards,

Vikas Sehra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can maintain the storage bin dynamically based on assignment of  storage location wise.

Regards,

Pardhu

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want Storage Bin as per the Transfer Order.

Screen shot for movement type customization. Both for fixed and dynamic :-

Regards,

Vikas

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am bit confused by looking at both the screen as both are for warehouse 002 / mvt 101 and order F (in one of the screen value F is missing but text "Order" is appearing) so in my opinion you did not shared the right configuration

if I go through your example then you want the final stock on the destination storage bin which is there in the transfer order. Before I answer your query

1) what is the need to enter the destination storage type in the movement 101 (Standard SAP flow is first stock will come to storage type 902 and then based on the putaway strategy system propose the destination storage type / storage bin but in your case you maintained the destination storage type so could you please explain the business need which will help to understand your requirement in detail and provide the solution accordingly

vikas_sehra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We have to maintain either fixed or dynamic in config for the movement type and we tried with both options, that`s why I provided both the screen shots.

Our requirement is that while receiving goods, Stock should be received in the Storage Bin which we select in the Transfer Order. Transfer Order is created w.r.t the Inbound delivery for the purchase order.

Goods Receipt will be posted w.r.t same Inbound delivery.

Regards

Vikas

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Storage Bin which we select in the Transfer Order ---Do you want system to propose you the bin or you want to enter the bin manually at the time of creation of transfer order ??

you are missing the basic flow of WM, upon unloading first stock will come into storage type 902 (which is the area next to unloading door) and from there you can move the stock to the physical bin location. for this your configuration for movement type 101 should be

with this setting the purchase order number will become the source bin number

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share the customization setting (screenshot)of movement type 101