cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to View/Audit Which Masterdata Fields Are Set Up as Required vs. Optional Etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen plenty of guidance explaining how to set masterdata fields as required vs. optional vs. suppressed etc. However, I can not find any guidance explaining how I would be able to view these table settings for tables maintained by other users. How (where?) does SAP store information regarding whether a field has been set up as optional versus required etc. and is there an easy way to view this information (e.g.- is there a display-only/reporting T-Code that allows you to see how fileds in a table have been set up? Is there a table view through SE16 that will allow me to see this information?). Note that I am new to SAP and have display-only type access.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

To setup Masterdata fields for Customer master as Suppress, Req. entry, Opt. entry, Diplay below is the path for Customer master:

SPRO -> Financial accounting (New) -> Account receivables and Accounts Payable -> Customer Accounts -> Master Data -> Preparation for creating Customer master data -> Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

Here you can maintain the field setup.

The above path is only for Customer and there will be different path for different master data objects.

You cannot view these details through SE16 or report.

Please let me know if it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Parvez but I think your answer addresses how you "maintain the field set-up". Again, I am seeing plenty of guidance on how to maintain this setting in masterdata set-up. My question instead is, is there a way to view this aspect of masterdata set-up without going through the process to maintain it. I have display only access, so anything that has to do with maintaining it is not going to work for me (I do not want to maintain it, I only want to view this set-up).

Maybe the conclusion I should reach based on lack of information out there (and as confirmed by your comment that you can not see it with SE16) is that there is no way to view masterdata field set-up (e.g.- as required versus optional etc.) other than through the process you use to maintain it. So much is made out of taking care of this aspect of masterdata set-up to ensure good data governance, you would think there would be more (at least some?) focus on being able to see this information from an auditing perspective.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

SAP usually does not offer different transactions for display vs. maintain customizing. Instead the same transaction supports both modes. If you don't have any maintenance authorization, you can still use the same transaction for displaying the maintained data.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

There is no direct way to view the table/view but there is a work around to view the maintained customization through BCsets (SCPR3)

Using this transaction or path you can find the related table/view in the display mode but I dont think so there is seperate transaction to display the customization data.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael's answer seems to be the best bet for me. A more general way (e.g.- through a transaction like SE16 or SE11) would have been more ideal because it could be generally applied versus me having to ask the security team for display access to a specific transaction every time I have a new masterdata table I want to look at, but.....