cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

varient configuration "object not configurable"

Former Member
0 Kudos

(http://scn.sap.com/thread/1125186) I believe I am having a similar problem. 

I have created a varient configuration (rbs99a) to fill out another varient configuration(rb_c_soff).  The two varient configurations are in different plants (rbs99a is in Plant "SED", while rb_c_soff is in plant "221").  Rb_c_soff is a non stocked items and has been placed on the BOM as a Item Category of N (Non-Stock Item)

I am running into an error when trying to pull up the varient configuration (rb_c_soff) when it has been selected in the results in CU50 simulation.  The error is "message no. CX051.  You have selected a BOM item for which characteristic value assignment is not supported. The item is not a configurable object."

Both varient configurations are class type 300.  I did not create rb_c_soff and had noticed that it has multiple class assignments.  I am typically not use to that.  

I had noticed that you suggested using a class type of 200 of the post above.  I am not familar with this idea.  I am looking for some help to resolve the issue.  Any input is helpful.  I been stuck on this one for a while.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

select "Addnl data" , then click on Allowed in BOMs

regards