cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard function MapwithDefault in NWDS?

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Do we have any standard function available in NWDS for achieving the MapwithDefault mapping. FYI, I am trying to propagate the tag of the field for no input value in the source.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

I see the issue here. For the regular ESR mappings I see the node functions but when I am trying to do mapping within BPM, I am not able to see the Node functions. Looks like it is the limitation in BPM.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That´s sounds good!

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the standart functions are available at NWDS, you need just pick it like this.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Its strange I am not able to see any of the Node functions. The following is what I have. Is there something that needs to be done to have those node functions available in NWDS?

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it´s depends your NWDS version or your SAP PI system version. What is the version used by you? I´m printing the image using NWDS 7.31 and SAP PI dual stack 7.4

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

My version of NWDS is also 7.31 but I am using SAP PO  7.4 (java only). Would it make a difference if it is dual stack or Java stack stack only?

Regards

Kalyan.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I take a print from a NWDS 7.31 using a connection to PI 7.4 single stack and get the same, all the standart functions are available. loo above:

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.3 SP07 PAT0000 and PO 7.4 SP5.I dont have any issues in getting the standard mapping functions.

Please remove the below selection for the check box and you can see all the mapping functions.

Thanks

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I saw that the "Use Expression Editor for Mapping" was already unchecked. But to make sure I checked it and applied the settings and again went back and removed the check. I observed that in the workspace log I see java null pointer error when I did anything on the check box. Did you encounter anything of this sort?

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ide.esr.foundation.login.preferences.BrowserPreferences.performOk(BrowserPreferences.java:247)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$13.run(PreferenceDialog.java:964)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.okPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:944)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.okPressed(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:453)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.okPressed(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:169)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.buttonPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:233)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.open(WorkbenchPreferenceDialog.java:211)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.OpenPreferencesAction.run(OpenPreferencesAction.java:65)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the SP level of your PI system(http://host : port / nwa/sysinfo) ? and what is the NWDS version(help -> about SAP NWDS)

7.4 SP number + 5 -> should be your NWDS 7.31 version..

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

PI SAP level is 9 and and NWDS SP is 10.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I update the old NWDS with this one without uninstalling it? Will I be able to retain all my local dev objects?

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Carlos, I have 2 instances now without overwritting the previous dev components.

@Hareesh, Its still the same issue in the new SP15 also.