Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delay stock confirmation during sales order creation

mshekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have following requirement -

Whenever an order is created, even though stock exists, it should not confirm it right away. We need the delivery date to be current date + 7 days.

This will help us avoid new orders consuming the stock.

For example:

Order 1 created; There was no stock; Hence no confirmation

Order 2 created; There was no stock; Hence no confirmation

Order 3 created; There is stock; At this stage, the order quantity should not be confirmed even though there is stock since there are 2 old orders waiting.

Therefore whenever an order created, delivery date should be in future so that older orders get first preference when stock is available. This is material specific i.e., for  some it might be 7 days and for few it might be 10 days.

We either want the delivery date to be a future date or the order quantity should not be confirmed even though there is stock.

We saw that there is lead time in the sales order type customizing, but this will be applicable to all the materials which is not what we want.

Is there any way we can achieve this by just customization and not use user exits.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Kantur

You can keep the "Lead time in days" field in order customizing blank but make sure to check the "propose deliv.date".

In MMR you can maintain "Planned Deliv. Time" and GR "Processing Time" ( Assuming this is for "Procurement type F" -  External procurement).

0VTC - Maintain "TransitTime" and "TransLdTm" for the particular route.

OVLZ - Maintain "Loading time w.days" and "Pick/pack time wrkdys".

The system will propose the delivery date based on these values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kantur Shekar madhuri,

Would you confirm the whether in your schedule line category is activated for "Product Allocation" or not.

if not please activate and re run your scenario.

Regards

Arun

mtarundeep
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

V_V2 is the most favorable option even though the quantity is confirmed .

For Example if you reschedule the t-Code V_V2 for every one hour ,all the orders that are created in that hour will be aligned and confirmed accordingly( See image attached)  .

Else the other option would be carry the availability check in the delivery document rather than the sales order,but this is to be analyzed on how you availability check is carried out today.( You need to have a different requirement and then a different sch line cat to not perform availability check and later once the delivery document is created carry out the availability check ,assuming that the delivery documents will be created in the priorityyou prefer )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you the following approach: reschedule with tcode V2_2 in background.

Create a daily job running tcodes V2_2 and V_R2 (to get log of V2_2 execution),

Regards,

JM

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joan ,

I checked But not existed this T.code ...i went wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you´re right, typo error, instead of V2_2 is V_V2. 

Thanks

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

typo error, instead of V2_2 I meant V_V2.

Regards,

JM

mshekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

This will help after the quantity is already confirmed in one sales order and you would want to use it for another high priority sales order.

Our situation is different. We do not want the sales order to confirm any quantity even though there is stock. We want the delivery date to be current date + 7 days for material XXXX so that orders are severed in the first- come first-served basis at any point of time.