Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding how systems are picked up under NWDI control by SUM or JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the process of updating our Netweaver Portal systems from 7.02 to 7.4

Our systems are NWDI driven since ESS / MSS are modified in our portals.

We were managing them using a single system track where we would develop the components and then transport it to the other environments (through CTS+) of course.

Part of the maintenance of NWDI driven landscape involves Preparation steps before running SUM, where an appropriate track created with the systems marked as runtime systems in the track (and using the option "Integrate with a JSPM scenario" would ensure that these systems are picked as under NWDI control.

I was hoping to understand a bit better how would this work since it seems, I have to create a new track our development only track would not help us achieve this.

Is the information that the system is under NWDI control stored in the Portal database itself? Or is it captured in Stack file generated in solution manager?  If through the stack file then I assume the LMDB in solution manager needs this info from the SLD of the relevant technical system?

I observed there is a phase in the beginning of the SUM where this information is checked by the SUM tool.

If anyone has this information, please let me know ?

Thanks and Regards,

Karan Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I went about googling again and actually got more info in SAP KBA 1888601 - AS Java is still under NWDI control after applied the NOTE 1462405

It is actually in the database of the system itself.

Track needs to be created accordingly and for JSPM scenarios the information is in "Note 1147113 - JSPM: This system is not under NWDI control"

If anyone knows whether there are other linkages or helpful notes. Please update.

Thanks and Regards,

Karan