cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

0 Kudos

Hi professionals

I am updating sap ecc 6.0 to ehp7 stuck in phase  MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHD2_RUN/SQLDB_D1GENIN_SHD2!

EXECUTING E:\SUM\abap\bin\SAPuptool.EXE execdb ..\var\SQLDBSCRIPT.TQL

Logging to 'E:\SUM\abap\log\SQLDBSCRIPT.OUT'

FATAL ERROR: DBSL error 103 (db code 942):

contents of SQLDBSCRIPT.OUT

1 ETQ000 ==================================================

1 ETQ399 Executing SQL script '..\var\SQLDBSCRIPT.TQL'.

2 ETQ399 Connecting to database 'ora'.

3 ETQ398 SQL: DELETE FROM "D1GEN"

4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20150430182328 

1 ETQ000 ==================================================

4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20150430182328 

1EETQ008 Error message: DBSL error 103 (db code 942):

1EETQ003 exit code: "12"

4 ETQ399 Rollback.

os windows 2012 R2 and Oracle 11204 with latest patch set sap kernel 721 version 402 and also i update kernel of dbsl at shadow instance to kernel 742 version 101 the same error exists

shadow instance is up and running

how to check that table D1GEN is existing or not? i check in original instance or shadow instance as i can't  connect to shadow instance by sap gui gives that error

sap system message

error loading screen source: sapmyst 0020

please help as update is stuck ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

You are missing some rules here

You cannot just take an system export and attach it to a higher version of DB.

You have to upgrade the DB(11203  t 11204) and the OS before upgrade.

Please check the Product availability matrix(PAM) in the SAP service market place for

compatibility between kernel,OS,DB and SAP product versions.

The upgrade you are trying is a two stage upgrade (ECC6.0--->EHP5 EHP5--->EHP7).

Regards,

Suresh Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

I think you have to do a two stage upgrade.

If you are having ERP 6.0 sr1 then at the maximum you can upgrade is upto EHP5.

After upgrading to  EHP5 move on to  EHP7.

In EHP7 the authentication used is  SSFS but in ECC6.0 it is OPS$ mechanism.

Regards,

Suresh Daniel.

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Check the table needs to be created or if user or application privileges are required to access the table.

Also, if attempting to access a table or view in another schema, make certain the correct schema is referenced and that access to the object is granted.

Might be you need to run this below script for shadow instance.

134592 - Import of SAPDBA role (sapdba_role.sql)

Thanks,

BM

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check the consistency between Oracle & SAP DDIC before beginning the upgrade as recommended (DB02 => Diagnostic / missing tables and index) ?

With sqlplus you could check if the table exist (with a command like desc sapsr3.D1GEN )

If it can help here are the DDL commands to create that table and it's index at DB level.

CREATE TABLE "SAPSR3"."D1GEN" ("WHAT" VARCHAR2(30) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL ENABLE, "PID" VARCHAR2(33) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL ENABLE, "HOSTNAME" VARCHAR2(96) DEFAULT ' ' NOT NULL ENABLE, "TIMESTAMP" VARCHAR2(42) DEFAULT '00000000000000' NOT NULL ENABLE);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "SAPSR3"."D1GEN~0" ON "SAPSR3"."D1GEN" ("WHAT");

I've checked on two systems and that table seems to always be empty.

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi

i did command of

SQL> desc sapsr3.D1GEN;

ERROR:

ORA-04043: object sapsr3.D1GEN does not exist

that is backup from prd to test ehp update i did that command on prd the same result?

however i noticed that in backup prd in db02 there is missing tables and index 12281 and on prd there is no one however i did system copy?

so i should do sql statement create table and index as you mentioned for 12281 if errors arose?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed

To be sure I get it right: there are 12281 tables missing at DB level on a copy of your production system, but none are missing on the source production system ?

If so something must have went wrong during the copy.

I think there are too much tables missing for trying to fix.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi KERVADEC;

Only the original PRD was on windows 2003 and oracle 11203 i did export of sap system to windows 2012 and oracle 11204 and off sure during import it requested sap kernel was 721 instead of kernel 700 during heterogeneous system copy that is all. but i didn't check db02 after export and import, it could be the result of that?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A successful system copy should not be the cause of such problem.

Is it on your current production system that the tables are missing ?

0 Kudos

no it is backup from production but i face a lot of errors until i i stated in preprocessing phase

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I'm afraid that a system with so many missing tables at DB level cannot be used.

It would be good to find why it went wrong in order to avoid problem when restarting the refresh

0 Kudos

it was only system for testing purpose only to test rhp7 with business functionality that is all so i can depend on it to test business scenario only