cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Customs Shipment Missing Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am trying to establish a prototype of the Inward processing functionality so we can determine if this functionality will be a suitable replacement for an external system.  I have configured all the legal regulations, communication processes and determinations as well as document types and structure (in both ECC 617 and GTS 10.1).

Where I am at currently is that I have been able to get a customs shipment created based on an inbound delivery after inputting a prelim doc type T1.  I can view the customs shipment in the transit area of the import customs processing menu.  I have two issues though, or that I at least believe are issues as I cannot seem to get a declaration to create.

1.  The Legal Unit did not automatically map into the customs document.  I can see in debug just before the CUHD save / create fm is called that the correct GUID for the legal unit is present, so I am not sure why / how this is getting wiped out during the save.  Any thoughts?

2.  There are absolutely no line items on the customs shipment... and I made an assumption that there would be a one-for-one mapping from the inbound delivery line items to a customs shipment line item.  Am I wrong in this assumption?  I honestly cannot see where the line items are even being sent over during the call from ECC--> GTS in debug.

With that being said, I assume (tell me I am wrong if I am) that once the customs shipment is correct and I process the GR in ECC the combination of the GR & the customs shipment will generate the needed declaration to start IP as long as I setup that part of the config correctly.

Any information or direction to start looking would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Rachael Kobleske

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Rachel,

1) If you can see the Legal unit GUID in debug mode, I can't think of any other reason for not finding the LU in the declaration. If possible, please map the LU to FTO in the Org. structure in GTS and then try. However I'm not confident that this would solve the issue. but please do try.

2) Regarding Inb. delivery replication for transit- It's standard functionality. You will never find items in the Transit(Customs Shipment).  Items will be packaging/carton details which will be sent by customs with the unloading permission.

You will create your transit and submit it to Customs for Unloading permission. Customs send unloading permission with no:of packages. This inbound message will create items in the transit. It's like your presenting the goods to Customs.

For IPR to work, please make sure you've done following things

1) IPR Autorization

2) Determination of Activity sequence for IPR

3) Product master flagging for IPR with Customs ID.

Once you are done with these basic steps

1) Inb. delivery- Update T1 and MRN in ECC

2) Transit gets created in GTS. you clear incompletion checks and trigger your request for Unloading permission.

3) Receiving Unloading permission messgae and finish conformity check in your transit.

4) Post GR for your Inbound delivery. With the material document try to create Import declaration. This Import declaration should fall under IPR activity if all your setups are fine.

Please let us know if you are stuck. All the best!

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information and correction of my assumptions.  I will give this a try!

Rachael

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachael,

Now that your Inbound Deliveries are transferring to GTS, you should already find that the corresponding GR postings are appearing in the work-list for creating Declarations after GR.  The entries should be in table /SAPSLL/CUSWLO for each Material Document item.

Run the work-list first for your Activity Sequence for Free-Circulation, and check that the entries appear.  If not, then come back for more help.  Then run the work-list for the IPR Activity Sequence.  If they don't also appear there, then re-check Dhilipan's advice.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dave / Dhilipan

I have been able to get the goods receipt documents to show up in the work list for creating declarations after goods receipt.  However, when I go to process those records I am now getting a safekeeping error.  The error says that safekeeping has not been completed.

I then started digging and it seems that I need to have a presentation document created that is associated with the customs shipment (transit document).

I am not actually doing any communications with customs at this point, I am trying to manually setup a prototype for proof of concept.  Is there an easy way to manually create the presentation document or to complete the safekeeping aspects of the transit document in order to generate the declaration and move the goods to inward processing?

Thanks,

Rachael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachael

Were you able to find the solution for the safekeeping error while creating IPR declaration from the worklist? I am also having same problem even though in ECC I have configured as 'No safekeeping' for the relevant Recvg point. This is only a prototype that I am working on and there is no customs communication setup in the system.

Regards

Amit

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

to get easily rid of the safekeeping block at the creation of your Customs declaration, you can just manually change the MRN in the Inbound shipment (transit). This is because GTS is checking if for this MRN the Transit was completed.

This will allow you to create a Customs declaration (in this case Entry into IPR).

Once, you are live, you will discharge your transit and then you dont need to change the MRN (of course not :-))

If other experts can advice how to get rid of the safekeeping by config. its welcome.

Kind regards

Assen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Assen, that was an easy workaround .

Is it mandatory to complete the safekeeping for discharging the transit? In ECC I had the safekeeping flag as 'not reqd.' but still customs declaration creation is checking for this. I also completed the transit procedure but that didn't help.