cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techmon Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to see the performance reports for several of my systems by going to SM_workcenter -> Technical Monitoring (tab) -> Interactive Reporting -> Selecting a system and chosing System Reports.  I then chose any of the top level tabs and chose Performance and receive "No Applicable Data Found". I get this for almost everything on this page. If I go back a couple of months, there is data, but nothing since Feb. I don't know what's changed or what agents should be running. The host agent is running on the managed systems I'm looking at. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Also, When i look at the performance reports that I have , the granularity is monthly and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that, if possible, could someone give me an idea how to make it a little more detailed?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

New development: As I'm digging into this, I find that Solution Manager says in Solution Manager Administration -> Infrastructure -> CA Introscope Enterprise Managers (Detail) "No connection user yet defined. Run User Management and set a connection user with min. permission ‘Read'". So, not sure where to "Run User Management" or which user management to run. Other posts I've read say that enterprise manager may not be running, but I've stopped and restarted EM to make sure and still have this problem.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you check the following:

Go to Solman_Setup -> basic configuration step 3 - unassign the agent for the EM - Set the path of the enterprise manager, in the field Path - Select an Diagnostics agent in the list - Set a connection user and password (user management) - Click on save - Click on reload configuration, the installation status should be completed. Regards, Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland, Thanks for the info, you were right about where I needed to look. I just reset the connection user in that screen and all was good.

Now, the original problem still remains, I'm getting no data in that report. It looks like all the jobs are running that should be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

New development: As I'm digging into this, I find that Solution Manager says in Solution Manager Administration -> Infrastructure -> CA Introscope Enterprise Managers (Detail) "No connection user yet defined. Run User Management and set a connection user with min. permission ‘Read'". So, not sure where to "Run User Management" or which user management to run. Other posts I've read say that enterprise manager may not be running, but I've stopped and restarted EM to make sure and still have this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

Can you confirm the Monitoring metrics are green/grey? Also take a look at SAP note 1909531 - Metrics in Interactive Reporting - Solution Manager 7.1 as it list what metric infoproviders that affect the Reporting. Kind regards, Roland

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have also seen scenarios where Wily itself has no data (aka grey metrics in the Inspector Window under SuperDomain / hostname.

Sometimes its a simple restart of the SMD agents on the systems.

I have also recently seen a odd issue where interactive reporting was not working for me until I applied a MAI template at the host level.