cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity type on CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying everything to get the activity type on the CATS (CAT2) screen but whatever I do it just doesn't seem to be appearing. When I go to CAC2, I have selected activity type as Required in the "influences". It however doesn't seem to be in the "Data Entry Section" Modifiable fields. If anyone has any idea what I can do I'd be very grateful!!!

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've finally found the fix to this issue:

OSS Note: 2055642 - Missing fields in field selection; jump to incorrect field when double-clicking

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again Michael

I might be contradicting myself

Can you read KBA 2066612 and see if this helps you?

Ger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ger. I have given that a go and followed the instructions step by step and whenever I go back in after making the change in config settings in CAT2, the flag reappears! I thought it might be my auths, but they all seem OK. I've now resorted to contacting SAP. I'll let you know once I get an answer!

Mike

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Micheal

This maybe by design ,,

The costs are updated to the order or network based on the service

entry. To prevent activities from being allocated twice, the system transfers the data without an activity type to PM/CS or PS.

The only specific characteristic of such an acquisition is that the

activity type for PM will be cleared (CATSPM -> LSTAR). The reason being

that a transfer to PM and MM both would result in a double posting in CO.

think this is explain in  note 333884.

hope this helps

ger

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I agree with Maria, you need to clarify your CATS scenario first.  For example contractors can report on PO order items and that is transferred to MM and converted into SES, so no activity type is involved at all.

Otherwise for cost allocation from the Cost Center the selection can look like the following:

Standard system can derive the default value for Activity type in many scenarios, so often the field is made hidden to simplify process for business users.

The only influencing field normally is the Data Entry Profile.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria, Paulo,

So what is the selection that controls what appears on the Data Entry Profile? I am trying to transfer WBS element with Cost Centre and Activity type? Is there a particular selection on CAC1 that controls this? Or is it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Mike

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I assume you want to allocate time from Cost Centers to WBS.

In CAC2 select Influencing button, enter the name of your data entry profile, Enter, next select fields you need, as you mentioned:

CATSD-LSTAR (Activity type)

CATSD-SKOSTL (Sender Cost Center)

CATSD-RPROJ (Receiver WBS-element)

Also in the general selection that is not Data Profile specific no point to close/hide any fields, they all can stay as Input.  All restrictions are inside for specific Data Entry Profile.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

That's the strange thing... I have set all the influences to Input! However when I go to the "Influences" selection where it gives you an overview of all the influences in report format under "Settings without influencing field" it shows Activity type as "Hide"!

Whatever I do seems to have no impact and it's just not appearing in the Data Entry Section!

It's starting to turn me loopy!

Mike

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you go to CAC2, double click settings - Influences - Enter the data entry profile, check whether any setting made to restrict Activity type.

Try to delete all influences else.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence. I've looked in there and it is completely blank. Is that right?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What you mean by blank ?

Are you able to view the field selection using data entry profile ? Below is the sample screenshot attached.

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am able to hide the Activity type for my data entry profile.

This can only be done in CAC2 - Double click data entry profile - click influences, see whether there is any field is hidden.

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What are reference information you are giving...

Order or Work Centre ?

Regards

Terence