cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger file in Sender File CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the usage of trigger file in Sender File CC.

I am triying to pick .XML files only if respective .trg file is existing. My question is when ever there are 10 files where 9 are completely written and have respective .trg but 10th file still being written(which does not have a .trg file), the other 9 files are also not getting picked.it is waiting for the 10th .trg file throowing an error. But in real time these are dynamic files, when one is completed there may be other file being written. Is there any possibility to pick the 9 files which have .trg and leave the 10th file to be written completely and pick that in the next polling.

Please find the below attachment of configuration.

Kindly post your solutions on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies,

The issue is solved to some extend but comparitively a better solution.

I have used the processing sequence by Date and also added the modification check for 10 sec along with the .trg concept.

Now the 9 files which have their corresponding .trg files will be picked without waiting for the 10th file to be complete (and does not contain the .trg file). once the 10th file is complete and .trg is placed it will be picked in the next poll interval along with the next files(say 11th,12th...).

Thanks,

Sandhya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If i understand correctly your 10th file is placing into the folder and it was not completely placed yet.For this as suggested you need to use File Modification Check.

Coming to trigger file,once your files are ready (File Modification check success) then using some background job, we used Autosys tool to place the trigger file then PI will pick the files.There should be a gap between the background jobs which places actual data files,trigger file and polling of PI channel.

Please try with SAP SFTP adapter which has more functions compared to normal FILE.In Case of SFTP you no need to use any modules for the payload conversion.

Thanks

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandhya,

Pick the .trg as main file and .xml as attachment. Then use payload PayloadSwapBean to swap .xml as main payload. This will solve the issue.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Try to change the processing sequence 'By Date' instead of 'By Name' in the sender channel.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

You can try with the parameter Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check (Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library), with this parameter the sender adapter will wait to the 10th file be completely written.

Regards.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

you can set ATP for these channels.Once all the 10 files are placed,you can pick those files at a time.

How frequent they are going to place the file?Suppose if they are going to place the files for every 15min,you can pick the file on 16th min.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahithi,

Thanks for your reply. But it is not necessarily 10 files say 5000 files per day and the CC is scheduled every one hour. it is not fixed when they are going to place, these are dynamic files created by the users.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhya