cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse UDF visible in different SWCV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a mapping in a SWCV. I used  a udf in it. I have to use it for many interfaces.

How can I reuse this udf in another mapping in another SWCV?

I am working in single stack PO, 7.40

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Create a function library and place your UDF there. Then in the different SWCV, add the SWCV (as a dependency) where your UDF is located. It will appear under the Basis Objects and you should be able to reuse it.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

If I have to use the same udf in different namespaces in the same SWCV, then also do we have to create Function Library and dependency?

Function Library is created in SWCV or mapping?

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Function library is a independent object on SFWC, you can find this objet in mapping objects group:

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

You can create function library and use it in other namespaces you no need to create dependency in that case. For function libraries you can check below wiki.

PI 7.1 Concept of Function Library in Process Integration - Process Integration - SCN

But generally all reusable UDF's we create function library in common software component and create dependency for other software components.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen

I already created a udf in a message mapping. I created a function library in the same SWCV but i am not able to see an option to import the udf to the functin module.

So inorder the udf to be in function module, should i dekete the udf. then create it again in function library?

can i transfer an already eisting udf to function library?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

You have to create the UDF directly in function library, then you can use the function library in the message mapping.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not import Your UDF into a Function Library, You need create a new one inside your FL. For import your functin library in your mapping you just push separete bar in the left side from your mapping box like this:

after this click on add buton and put your functin library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

I got it

two more things

1) i have an SWCV with more than ten namespaces. I created a udf to remove special characters. if i create a function library in namespace 1, create a udf there. then can i use the same udf in message mappings in another namespaces?

2) if i want to create another udf , then should i creeate in he same function library.

now i created a udf removecharacters in function library. for the next requirement can i create the new udf in the same function library

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>) i have an SWCV with more than ten namespaces. I created a udf to remove special characters. if i create a function library in namespace 1, create a udf there. then can i use the same udf in message mappings in another namespaces

Yes.

>>2) if i want to create another udf , then should i creeate in he same function library.

You can create another UDF under same function library.

Go through below bog for a better understanding -

former_member193386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) The function library are visible for all namespaces on SFWC, if you create iin another SFWC you just can put this SFWC with dependence of this new one.

2) you can put how many udfs you need in the same function library

Answers (0)