cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Chinese characters while sending IDOCs from PI to SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on File to IDOC scenario where in some of the fields are having Chinese characters. In SAP system, we noticed that the Chinese characters are getting replaced with # where as in PI output payload we are able to see the correct Chinese characters. The systems involved are PI 7.4 and SAP ECC -6.0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your response.We have checked with ABAPer.The SAP system is non-unicode system so they are not able to change the destination to unicode as the system itself does not allow it.

Is there any workaround for the same in SAP PI or SAP which we can use until the system is unicode enabled.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

I think there is no workaround in middle-ware for this case. Request soruce system not to send characters other than Cp1252 (I think target SAP is set for language EN). Try character encoding Cp1252 in PI, it will replace Chinese characters with html Unicode equivalent (i.e. 世 will be 世 ).

FYI.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Please request ABAPer to check if SAP unicode is set. It seems to be an issue with SAP ECC.

Section 3 of this document Link

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

You might have to ask your basis to install the Chinese fonts.

Regards,

Mark

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm which adapter you are using? IDOC or IDOC_AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

We are using IDOC_AAE adapter.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like in dual stack where we have an option to choose unicode/ non-unicode, i don't see any option in single stack.

However not sure if it works but you can give a try..

I assume you have created the RFC destination in NWA.

Go to RFC destination ->Specific Data -> Advanced Settings - here we have an option to mention the code page.

You might want to mention the code page for chinese char and see if it helps..

Before doing this, do checkMark's suggestion.