cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use LTRS transaction for performance setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the new SLT "LTRS" transaction which I would like to use to set some performance options. In the transaction you can set a few options:

• No of parallel jobs:     are these jobs additional batch jobs that must be available on both the SLT and the ECC system besides the already configured Data and Initial load jobs?
  • The sequence number is clear since it is an priority setting
  • the Reading type is also clear, I have a transparent table so I need the reading type 5 option.

But my main question is regarding the "Package Size" option (bytes). What do you need to set there if the table is e.g. 30.000.000 records and approx. 16,5 GB in size and when you use 5 jobs? And is the LTRS transaction now the only place where you need to set something or do you need to configure more things?

Hope someone can help me, I read the great 'how to improve the intial load' blog of Tobias Koebler but I think that was based on a time before the LTRS transaction existed. And I couldn't find an SAP documentation on this yet which describes the steps in more detail.

Kind Regards,

Nico van der Linden

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Not offering you a solution, but lending my voice to the ask for any documentation or help with the new LTRS t-code.

Like yourself, I read through Tobias Koebler's blog on "How to improve the initial load".  I'm in the planning stages of trying to pull from multiple ECC source systems (all configured differently, companies acquired through acquisition) via SLT to our HANA environment.  I want to pull very focused inventory balances, to provide a summarized view of strategic commodities for our corporate team.  I tried to set up a filter per Tobias's blog, but couldn't get it to work.  Couldn't figure out how to set the read type of a table to anything other than the default, prior to replication.

I abandoned that, figured I'd try with IUUC_REPL_CONTENT.  However, I was surprised to see the new LTRS t-code has replaced it.  The documentation reads to check out the help available with the UI.  That documentation is at an extremely high level, not at all helpful in actually setting something up.

I did manage to successfully configure a rule for a specific table which filters the data.  I managed to do this by watching an old you-tube video on IUUC_REPL_CONTENT, viewing some on-line course material which a Google search unearthed, and a few hours of searching on SCN.

So while my filter works, I'm still falling short.  Like the old t-code I want to add a column to the in-bound records.  Haven't been able to figure out how to do that with the new t-code.

In looking at the SLT Operations Guide (2015-01-21) SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server for SAP HANA Platform SPS09 the document references OSS note 1733714
for "Guide for Advanced Replication Settings".  Unfortunately, the link takes you to a 2012 document for "Specifying Advanced Replication Settings using transaction IUUC_REPL_CONTENT.

Pretty much relying on trial & error at this point.  Would really like to see documentation for the new t-code.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mark,

good to know that I am not alone, hopefully SAP will come up with some updated documentation/information soon. In meantime I'll try to figure it out myself so I update this message if I have something to tell.

By the way, nice last name when you work in the 'Hana' area .

Kind Regards,

Nico van der Linden