cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hindi printing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to print hindi output from smartforms. I have done following steps for this:

=> uploaded ttf to R/3 via se73

=> made a style using this uploaded font

=> made smartform

but this gives me output in english only...

I will be oblidged if any one can provide me solution for this problem.

Thanking you,

Alok Mehta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Do you have the Hindi language installed in your system. You can check this from table T002. If it is installed then do the necessary translations in SE63. Also don't forget to select Hindi as language for your Smartform.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dharmesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar requirement at one of our client (hindustan times) and this is how we did it.

Note : This solution is independent of the unicode system.

Layout method is sapscript and preview in sapscript will visible in english only.

Either PDF or printout has to be generated to see the output in hindi language.

1. upload a true type font to R3 in font family (lekhani_dynamic.ttf is preferred) using SE73

2. now attach that font to ZSAPWIN using AFM file (if ZSAPWIN doesn't exist then create it, and make sure

font metrics is correct)

3.generate the font in ZSAPWIN.

Now we will use that font in our script and for that we need to create a character format lets say ZH.

now whatever you want to print in hindi is suppose to be in <ZH> </> tags.

Print preview wont show hindi text but if you print it or generate a PDF, you will see it in hindi but make

sure your printer supports hindi fonts and you have this font installed in your windows as well and set access

method for output device as F (printing on front end computer) in SPAD.

I didnt try it but if you want to preview in hindi as well then hindi language pack has to be installed thru i18n

and then the system will start saving hindi characters in table (provided you have a UNICODE system).

For any query, feel free to contact

Regards

Dharmesh

d h a r m e s h . k u m a a r a t g m a i l d o t co m

dharmesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi..

If its jus a matter of printing hindi (but no preview) then u dont need any unicode system or configuration in i18n.

i have printed labels successfully in hindi but when u preview ur script it shows all ASCII values rather than hindi characters while printing its shows perfectly in Hindi.

You just need a to have a proper AFM file of the hindi font you want to print in and few configurations in SPAD.

once u done with that, in write_form of ur script u need to uncomment 'Device = 'PRINTER'.

for any help mail to:

dharmesh.kumaar@gmail.com

RKSK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Basically i have the facing the same problem could you please tell me the procedure how you have uploaded your own hindi font is there any specific file that is needed to uload.

I have checked the T002 table also but in that Hindi is not coming

, i have tried uploading hindi font using se73 but that i m not able to see in table T002.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Rachit Khanna

0 Kudos

For configuring use transaction I18N

Look into the online documentation for steps and follow the same.

you may refer the NOTE 895560

Then refer to transaction SMLT for configuring the lang

Let me know if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know , whether Hindi language is avaialable in system . u can check it in t002 table .

suppose , if it is there, then u have to do some system changes in the control panel.

first let us know is hindi is available in t002 table

Thanks,

Manjunath MS

"Reward Points if it is useful"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check in SE61.

Kishi.