cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Agent Installed of wrong version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Please help with the unintended miracle with Managed system configuration-  (SAP Netweaver 7.31 AS JAVA - and many components installed)

We have Solman 7.1 SPS7 (Wily IM9 is not supported till SPS8 hence Wily IM 8 is installed with latest level i.e.24 on different host).

It got correctly configured with solman in basis configuration (step 3.1) of solman system.

Already solman system 7.1SPS7 came default with latest IS agent 8 and 9. (not sure who did installation but I suppose those agents are pre-packaged on AS-JAVA part of Solman)

Question 1 : Is it ok that agents are deployed on solman before any system is connected to solman via SMD agent ?)

In managed system configuration (Sap Netweaver 7.3 AS JAVA system with SAPJVM 6.1) when Wily Byte Code Adaptor installation (or simply IS agent) takes place; It was executed successfully. But I was surprised that it Chose agent 9 SP10 instead of agent 8 SP24.

My Wily IM is of version 8.2.4 so (as per guides) it will not listen anything from IS agent 9.

Question 2 : Kindly suggest what needs to be done so that it chooses correct IS agent file.

Also Please suggest how can We go ahead and un-deploy IS agent 9 from managed system ?

Regards,

Arthur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

(Wily IM9 is not supported till SPS8 hence Wily IM 8 is installed with latest level i.e.24 on different host).

EM 9 is supported as of Solman 7.1 SP4 Patch 1 of LM-Service , refer note 1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes

Solution Manager 7.1 up to SP08 supports Introscope Enterprise Manager releases up to 9.1.0.x.

Question 1 : Is it ok that agents are deployed on solman before any system is connected to solman via SMD agent ?

These agents are part of solution manager support package which will be used for automatic deployment during the management system setup.

Question 2 : Kindly suggest what needs to be done so that it chooses correct IS agent file.

Since the managed system runs on SAPJVM 6.1 which does not support java agent 8, the managed system setup has picked the right java agent 9.

As java agent 9 can't report to EM 8,so upgrade EM to 9 as it is supported, refer EM Guide on how to upgrade EM or follow http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/IntroscopeEMUpgrade.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

We have solman 7.1 SPS7 and LM_SERVICE at 7.10 SP7 (1000.7.10.7.0.20121001142400).

I initially had Introscope manager 9 installed. but when I went to solman's basis configuration (step 3.1) to add introscope; it got addded but stayed offline only (status RED). So i had it uninstalled and installed Wily 8 which got configured correctly.

also the note that you mentioned states that

1. Solution Manager 7.1 up to SP08 only supports Introscope Enterprise Manager releases up to 9.1.0.x.

Please help in this regard.

Regards,

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Solution Manager 7.1 up to SP08 supports Introscope Enterprise Manager releases up to 9.1.0.x - means that solution manager from SP04 patch 1 till SP08 supports your introscope EM verisons  9.1.0.0,9.1.0.1 (Release 9 SP10 patch 1), 9.1.0.2(Release 9 SP10 patch 2 ) and 9.1.0.2 (Release 9 SP10 patch 3).

and not 9.1.5.X ( Release 9 SP 15 ).

Can you let me know the exact version of EM 9 you tried to install ?

Regards.

Rajesh Kumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rajesh,

Thanks a ton. The problem stands solved.

I reinstalled 9.1.0.0 using http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/IntroscopeEMUpgrade.

Then restarted the AS- JAVA server where IS agent was deployed already (9.1.0.0 which came default with solman ). now workstation is showing data, (i followed the note 1827116 for help).

Thanks for help once again.

Regards,

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Glad to hear that your problem is solved and thanks for letting know the steps followed.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar S

Answers (0)