cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of new order type Creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all SD experts,

Currently, there's a new request in my company to create a new Sales Order Type via VOV8. Correct me if I'm wrong here but by creating a new order type, we need to also look into the item category assignment as well as the schedule line and the sales area permitted for the new order type.

Aside from that, I believe I need to look into the SIS aspect as well the subsequent delivery and billing type ( whether using back the existing types or there's a need for a new creation ).

My queries are as following :

1 ) What will be the impact for a creation of new sales order type besides those mentioned above?

2 ) And are there any impact in other modules that I should take note of ?

3 ) What are the subsequents config/settings that I need to look upon creating a new sales order type ?

4 ) What will be things that I need to take note of if there's a need to create new delivery and billing type ?

Sorry for the amount of queries above but your valuable input will be greatly appreciated here.

Many thanks in advance.

Warmest Regards,

Edie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edie,

To add / create a new Sales Doc type, u need to do the following config. Also if you are in Support project and you want add this it is always advisible to take reference data from the customer.

Config required is:

Assign Sales Document to Sales Area

Item category determination

Assign Document Pricing procedure

Determine pricing procedure

Assign Output Types

Assign Incompletion Log

Assign Partner determination procedure

Maintain copy control Sales docs to Sales Doc’s & Sales Doc’s to Billing

Maintain copy control Sales docs to Delivery

Free Goods / Material Listing

Update Groups for LIS

Scheduling With Route Schedule For Sales Document Type

all these above assignments need to be done.

4. You dnt need to create a new delivery and billing type, u can use the existing ones only

Revert back for any clarifications.

REward if it helps

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Srini,

A big thank you to you. Cheers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating new order types, The following are major areas you have to look into

The document category,credit limit,output,screensequence,incompletion procedure,document pricing procedure,transaction group,delivery type,billing type,intercompany billing(if applicable),info reocrds and number range

Please reward if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simhadri !