cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Calculation of SLED for Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a situation to pick batches at the time of outbound delivery using batch determination. We have a situation where we have some materials which are expiration date managed and some which are not.

I have set up the batch search strategy with batch status LOBM_ZUSTD (batch is set to released). in the selection criteria

For Dynamic selection of SLED date i have maintained the selection criteria as LOBM_VFDAT, LOBM-RLZ>0 d. No changes made to the object dependency.

The Batch Class for Finished goods has LOBM_VFDAT, and no LOBM_RLZ and LOBM_LFDAT.

In OVM1 i have set the message VL 415 as an error . ' Invalid batch according to batch determination'

When i am doing a picking of batches for the outbound delivery the strategy analysis gives the SLED > Del. date + Min rem. shelf life e.g Del. date is 4/30 and Min Rem Shelf Life is >0 d.

When i pick a restricted batch it gives me the correct error message.

When i pick a batch with unrestricted batch status and an expired batch it gives me an error message.

When i try to pick a batch which is unrestricted batch with no SLED date it gives me an error message. What is the method to allow picking of batches with no SLED date .

Thanks for your help with this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can distinguish between the materials with and w/o shelf life management through a field which is available in the field set of the condition tables (e.g material group, product hierarchy), you could use that field for your condition table and define two condition records in VCH1 - one with selection criteria and one without.

(you can also consider adding such field to the field cataloge [and then to the condition table], if you have a clear and sensible rule [pls note that adding a field to the field cataloge requires also development to populate the field of the communication structure with value during the program run]).

It is also possible to influence the batch determination, e.g. via user exit EXIT_SAPLV01F_002 (e.g. you can replace the search procedure [KALSM] for materials w/o SLED and determine different strategy).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you . This is helpful

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

carry out a manual batch determination and change the selection values, remove all characteristic values except "Released" for LOBM_ZUSTD and execute.

Whatever you enter in the selection class has to match with the values from your batch classification, and > 0 d is certainly wrong if no SLED is entered in batch.

I think it is anyway inconsistent to have batches for the same material with and without SLED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.