cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Publish LUMS file to Lumira Server on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Community,

I did quite a bit of research on this topic on SCN and other blogs but couldn't find the answer. I did all the configuration according to KBA 1995325.

I have installed Lumira Server 1.23 on HANA SPS9. I have went through the configuration guide and done all the configuration I can find via Fiori portal.

The issue I am having is I can create a lums document(tried Excel, Universe, HANA online/offline) in Lumira Desktop and it works fine but when I publish it to Lumira Server I get the following error. I get the same error when I try to create a data set in Lumira Server itself.

Also I can publish the same lums document to Lumira Cloud and it works fine.

I will appreciate any help. Thanks

1st screenshot is of the published doc and the 2nd is when I try to create a data set

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Try it without using Proxy (under Network, Preferences), and also (in case of online HANA view) use the same server name (including the domain name) in both the connection dialog, and Network, Preferences dialog.

Also you can refer below link:

Regards,

Megha Jassal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Thanks for the response. I did follow the installation and configuration guide to the "t". I have completed all the steps and everything checks out but still I am not able to view a document on the server.

I made the Lumira Desktop change for Proxy but that didn't help either.

Also I get the same error when I try to create a new dataset using simple excel directly on the server.

While reading the blogs on SCN and other places I came across that I also need UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS AFL 1.0 SP 301 or higher installed on HANA. I am fairly new with HANA so I am not sure if this component comes with the default install or it needs to be installed separately?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

For Lumira Server 1.23, you need UAL AFL 1.302 version as mentioned under Section 3.1 "Required Components" of Lumira Server 1.23 Installation Guide.

Where to download UAL AFL from is covered under Section 3.5, and installation is covered under Chapter 5.

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boris/ Megha,

Thanks to both of you for your help.

I have verified that we have not installed the UAL AFL and I am going to have the HANA guys installed it. I will keep you posted.

Boris,

I don't see 1.302 anymore there is 1.303.1 or 1.304, Can I go with either?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I would suggest going to Lumira Server 1.25 and UAL AFL 1.304 versions.

Please take a look at Lumira Server 1.25 Installation Guide since there are some differences in the pre-installation steps (see Section 6.2) for Lumira 1.25 release.

Regards,

Boris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please take a look at the following KBA:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2108725 "How do I upgrade my SAP Lumira Server system to SAP HANA SPS9"

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the response. I read the note but my question is we already have Lumira server installed on fresh install of HANA SPS9, so do I still need to delete the Lumira_tar.hdbti and Story_tar.hdbti? The second part of the note did help because I was able to configure the Discover.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

For the new installation, you do not need to delete these hdbti files.

Regards,

Boris