cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy from quality to Prod Ecc on hana

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have received from a system integrator  the  embarassing proposal of copy Quality system to our "new" productive environment to speed up final preparation - the copy is finalized to avoid installation from scratch of a preconfigured solution and to avoid a complex set of final preparation activities 

So it's a system copy of the client  &  customizing without Data .

I m sure that this step is strongly not reccomended by SAP .

Can you advice regarding the concrete risks of this decision in short & long term  from a basis point of view?

I thought that was not possible to  system copy Quality  to PROD.

Is it the SAP support still valid after this copy for our new prod environment ?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Amerjit

so Client copy of quality system  on production is acceptable. Obvioulsy all the customizing should be transported and not copied . which issues i can have if we accept to copy also the customizing as our system integrator suggests ?

Kind regard

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

That is not what I have said.

I have said ... I don't recall anything about a production system with a remote client copy not being supported.

It is for that reason I have suggested you open a message with SAP as then you get the official reply and there is no ambiguity.

Good luck with your endeavours moving forwards.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

Your message is a bit ambiguous.

On one hand you are talking about "system copy" but on the other hand you are talking about a "client copy".

As far as I am aware, a production system build based on a "system copy" is not suggested/supported but I don't recall having heard about a production system (fresh install) with a client copy not being supported.

At the risk of receiving conflicting information, I would strongly suggest you open a message with SAP asking the question.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andera,

It is not advice able to do this for Production system.

Please check the below link for SAP Go Live check .

SAP recommend to perform this before Go Live of project.

SAP GoingLive Check | SAP Support Portal

Best Regrds,

AKJ