Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSS Issue

lashele_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm setting up a new non-production system to use password self-service and I'm receiving the following error: "reset failed".  I've checked the following setting and everything appears to be setup appropriately:

1.  Create Connectors - Connection and Authorization tests are successful

2. Maintain Connector and Connection Types - The target system is setup

3. Maintain Connector Setting - Target Connector is setup with the check mark for PSS

I'm I missing something. What transactions can I use to troubleshoot the PSS workflow?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lashele_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay, after working with the developers I now know what configuration items were missing.  The following items should be completed to ensure PSS works appropriately.

1. Create Connectors

2. Maintain Connector and Connection Types

3. Maintain Connection Settings  (Auth, Prov)  both required to run sync job... This is what I was missing.

4.  Maintain Connector Settings (PSS checkbox selected)

Thanks to everyone for their feedback; I hope that my analysis will save someone else a few days of troubleshooting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this thread and see if you have the same issue in regards to a user not having a valid email address identified in the configured data sources and/or the object repository sync not being up to date.

As already suggested, hopefully the application logs will have more information present.

lashele_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response; however, the user has a valid email address and the sync job has been running successfully for a few days.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi LeShele

Can you check if you have any logs in SM21, SLG1 in GRC or ST22 and SLG1 in the non-production system. You might get some more information as to why the reset failed

Regards

Colleen

lashele_harris
Explorer
0 Kudos

Colleen,

Unfortunately, none of the logs showed any issues either in GRC or the backend system.