cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server ep60 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a small webdynpro application remotely from my local machine to the server "ep60". when i try to deploy i am getting the following exception.

Deployment exception : Server ep60 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018.

--> I am able to connect to SDM with the same password what i am entering when i am deploying webdynpro.

--> I am able to deploy webdynpro application through the Visual Administrator tool manually.

But when i am trying to deploy from NetWeaver Studio, i am getting the above error.

Any comments will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the SAP Note 756084 .

Regards, VIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Anil. This oss note helped me out. it was the conflict between the domain names of ide and remote server domain name. Correcting my host file solved this problem. Maulin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send me the text of this note.

I have no access to it, but have this very same problem with the sneak preview version of the netweaver server software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Symptom

Deployment error occurs when deploying from IDE, the following message is displayed:

Server XXX did not accept login request as admin on port 50018

Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX at

port 50018: XXX

If you use SDM remote GUI with the same SDM host and port you can deploy successfully.

Other terms

startup framework IDE getHost() JStartupClusterInstance

Deployment aborted

com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager

Reason and Prerequisites

IDE and Central Instance of J2EE reside in different domains.

For example the server is installed on XXX.domain1.company.com and DevStudio is installed on YYY.domain2.company.com

Therefore the remote server host might be only accessed with the full qualified name XXX.domain1.company.com but not with the short name XXX. In this case even "ping XXX" fails on YYY.

Solution

This problem can be fixed without any code changes, just by adding of a corresponding record to the file %WINDIR"/system32/drivers/etc/hosts on the IDE host, so that the remote host short name is known to the local host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the Note, I understand that, the issue is only when the short name is used as the message server host. But I have used fully qualified name like xyz.domain1.company.com. Still, I get the same error.

Best Regards,

Raji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody.

I have the exact same problem and I already tried adding my server name to the host file, and it didn't help.

I even gave SAP access to my IDE labtop so that they could investigate the problem but they couldn't find out what was wrong.

only solution they suggested was to update my sdm.

I didn't try that yet, but sometimes the error disappears for a while. so I think it may be some temporary problem, like conflicting hostnames or ips on the network or something else, but I can seem to figure out what

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try to restart the SDM Instance.

Window -> Show View -> J2EE Engine

At the J2EE Engine, right-click the SDM and choose "Restart Process"

When the restart process ends, try to deploy your application.

[]'s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose,

I did, but still its not working.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For webdynpro application deployment you have to give the Message Server port(3601), which is different from SDM server port(50018).

Change the Message server port in the NDS (Windows> Preferences> SAP J2EE Engine) to 3601 (default port).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for your reply. I am using port 3601 in Windows->preferences in NW studio.

When i am trying to connect to SDM directly in the portal server, i am using 50018.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi

Did you login into SDM remotely using remotegui.bat?

If you have logged in and you are trying to deploy then you will get this error.

Exit from SDM gui and try deploying.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Connect to the SDM using the remoteGUI (c:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat) and goto the "Deployment" tab, add the ear file from the local machine and try deploying it.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NagaKishore and Santhosh,

I logged into SDM through remoteGui.bat and deployed EAR file successfully. But not able to deploy from NW Studio.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As Nagakishore mentioned, when you logged in to the SDM (using remoteGUI) and at the same time trying to deploy from the NDS then it will give a error message.

Logout from the SDM / close the remoteGUI and try to deploy the webdynpro application from NDS.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I restarted my portal server, didn't logged into SDM and tried to deploy through NDS, but still the same error.

Thanks

VIjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmi

what is the version of your NDS. I dont see that as a problem but you never know. Try restarting your SDM alone and see. Maybe that should work.

Well if nothing works try installing your NDS again. Then it should work :).

regards

ravi