cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping the data from main window to a popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Am an infant when it comes to ODATA development.

i have been reading up as much as i can, but i need your help with a requirement analysis of mine.

there is a main window of the UI5 screen, which has the details of a Service order.

when the user clicks on a particular button(to create a sub service order), certain fields that are available in the main window should be automatically populated in the window that pops up.

The UI fetches the data from an SAP r?3 backend system using  Odata protocols.

I am aware of how the services are mapped to the data provider and model provider classes.

can this be handled from a gateway perspective, by making modification in the classes in the backend?

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

regards,

Vamsi

PS: am sure that this is a very basic question, it would be of gret help if any of you might share some links that will be useful for me.

Appreciate your help very Much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I agree with Ekansh's comment. As you must have already called odata service for displaying the information on main window, same information can be populated to other screen by some piece of code.

Regards,

JK

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I do not see any need of a network call in case of just populating already displayed data again into some popup. UI developer can easily populate the fields in the popup reading it from the main screen.

You would need OData service call, in case if the data in the backend may got refreshed or altered. If that data is not gonna change(e.g. Service order number, date, type etc), you do not need extra gateway call.

Regards,
Ekansh