Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate right bin sorting

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create bin sorting but not able to generate right bin sorting. I have a storage type 0050 and bin structure is

Template     NNNNCNNCACNCCCCCCC

Structure     AAAA SS L B

Start Value  0810-11-E-1

End Value   0812-28-G-6

Increment    01 01 1 1

I want bin starting with 810 to be assigned to one activity area 0050 and the ones starting with 0811 to be assigned to another activity area 0051.

Please refer to the screen shots attached and help me find out what is wrong.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you supply a screenshot of a bin? Is the field Aisle really filled. But the assignment in picture 2 is wrong. If the aisle is "0810", you have to enter that as "to" aisle, not just "810".

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I made that correction for 0810.It still has same issue.

Attaching the screen shot for bin structure and bin to activity area assignment.

Regards,

Khushboo

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have a screenshot of a bin? I would also try to fill the "aisle start" field (although it probably should work without).

Brgds

Juergen

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is the screenshot attached.Any specific tab you need?

Regards,

Khushboo

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But the field "aisle" is empty. Then this can not work.

Shure you used the right qualifier for the aisle? Check that table.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate more on that?I thought I have defined in bin structure so giving aisle particularly in storage bin is not needed. Do I need to do this for every bin?

Regards,

Khushboo

former_member218198
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

For your case, you need first maintain Aisle start and Aisle End during bin assignment to AA, secondly normally bins are genearted by bin structure, aisle field will be populated, if ailse is missing in the bin masters ( you created manually.. ect) , you can use transaction /SCWM/LS11 to perform the mass change to the bins.

Thus Asile start/end and aisle field in bin master must be maintained so that system can generate the expected sorinng scequence.

Vic

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the field "Aisle" is empty. If you have set up your bin structure correctly, this field would be filled. Correctly means that you use the "bin identifiers" you have defined in customizing under "Define Storage Bin Identifiers for Storage Bin Structures". The standard for the aisle is "A", but maybe you have set it up differently or not at all.

The screenshot of your bin also does not contain a bin type, which is shown in the structure definition. Are you sure this bin was created by the structure?

Brgds

Juergen