Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy MS SQL Driver in PI 7.4 Java Only

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to use JDBC adapter to connect to MS SQL Server. For that jdbc driver should be deployed on PI.

For that i have downloaded .jar  from MSDN - sqljdbc_4.1.5605.100_enu.exe

I have gone through several threads & SAP note 1138877 - How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters on SCN but not completely understood.

Please help me with this, how can i deploy it on PI 7.4 Java only?

It would be a great help and highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dipen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as i am goint to pass this requirement to BASIS team.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

clarify is it PI 7.4 Java only(Only AEX installed?) or PO 7.4?

If it is PO 7.4 use NWDS deployment perspective to deploy the JDBC drivers before that make sure you need to prepare your thirdparty SCA file which has added the required sqljdbc jar files.

Thanks

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't necessarily has to be a PO in order to deploy it from the deployment perspective. You should be able to deploy it on AEX as well

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I agree with you.

I am going to involve my BASIS team to deploy a driver since i dont have an access to SUM/JSPM.

Thanks for giving your valuable time.

Regards,

Dipen.

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As Hareesh said, it can be deployed on AEX as well.

Thanks for your input.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i know that in AEX also we can deploy.My intention here is only to use NWDS for the deployment.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by the release of PI730 we have only AEX and there is no PO added to the inst master also many functionalitys in NWDS were not enabled by that time for example monitoring in NWDS and mapping,importing SWCV from SLD etc.....May be working on multiple PI/PO versions with multiple clients some times make me confuse however thanks for the headsup

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find below search results. We have got couple of blogs and lots of threads on the same topic..

Redirecting...

P.S. no difference b/w 7.3/7.4

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have gone through those several blogs & threads but still i am running out of clue.

Should i do it with SUM or directly it is possible from NWA as per below link?

Configuring JDBC for SAP Enterprise Portal - Configuring the Portal for Initial Use - SAP Library

Please advice.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use SUM to deploy the drivers.

And the above url is not for Process Integration but it's for Enterprise Portal.