Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning Add-In for Microsoft Excel - Share your Experience/Inputs

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know if anyone has experience in implementing “Demand Planning Add-In for Microsoft Excel 1.0” in APO. Did you implement this functionality in any of your client? 

I would really appreciate if you share any information/input and share your experience in this regard. 

I have seen the link for SAP help : https://help.sap.com/apodp_addin

Best regards and thank you in advance,

Satish Waghmare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

As you know business always loves to work in excel and if we offer this possibility they are going to appreciate it very much.

We have already perform PoC for the excel frontend in out business scenario and looks really positive. At the same time, I will also say that there is still big room for improvement for SAP. SAP is already coming with better excel front end but only with IBM demand solution.

so going back to our topic, I would say surely you should go for it. It would be really great if you have data view with less or minimum key figures should be exported to excel where business require to update or maintain key figures. If I am correct, I think you are unable to use it for aggregate forecasting or you have default macro´s to be execute immediately.

In summary, it´s worth to explore the option to see if it works for your business. I am sure business users will be very much happy with this.

Please let me know if this information helps you.

Thanks

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Why waste money on excel add-in tool that is perhaps another 10000 USD, when there is this slick new tool called IBP that can be a good proxy for demand planning or whatever planning? I saw some demo videos here and there and I have hopes from SAP. You can buy yours for 2000 USD. I just bought one.

Finally the screens in SAP look a lot less dehumanizing and less intimidating. Left to me I would scrap all of SAP but for this new found concern to treat end users (also includes 'CONfigurators) humanely. I hope they hire British expats to write help documentation at least in English language that sounds less complicated.