Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Update not working

former_member331912
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created an InfoPackage for 0FIAP_O03 with update status as 'Full Update' which executed successfully. Now I have created an InfoPackage for delta update which is not working.

When executed, this infoPackage retrieves 0 records, whereas I have just added an invoice after full update. If I am right, 1 record should have been fetched.

(My source system is R/3 Dev)

Any kind of help would be useful.

Regards

Ather Iqbal Siddiqui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

after full load completed you have do init with out data transfer then creae the delta info pacake.

set the init poiont at infopacakge.

-Phani.

former_member331912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I have performed full load, and init with data transfer. According to your answer, now I will create another infoPackage with 'delta update'?

Also, I did not get your last point 'set the init poiont at infopacakge' .Can you explain further?

Regards

Ather Iqbal Siddiqui

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

set the init at info package - means after full loading run the init info pacagke you will get one intiliztion record

form the your screen shot you are doing init with data transfer - full+init.

after crate another info package -> make it delta -> save it -> run it -> you will get only delta records.

Thanks,

Phani.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member590969
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

After full load infopackage, you need to run init without data transfer.

Then only you will get option to create delta infopackage. R3 side also delta will be set.

Thanks,

Durai

former_member210571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ather,

Since you have used the option "Init with Data Transfer", then there is no need to create a separate infopackage for Detla load, you can use the same infopackage only you have to check the "Delta Update" mode and the same infopackage is available for Delta load.

Now when you are creating a record in ECC, check in RSA7 if some records are available or not, depending upon it the data will get extracted in BW. Also sometime in RSA7 you might some record count, but if you go inside there might not be any record for it, it is because of repeat delta. So, check for the record count by going inside the datasource from RSA7.

Thanks, Mirza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ather,

For Full Load and enable delta, do INIT with Data Transfer.

Create another Infopackage with Delta Update to pull the delta records.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Hariteja.

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a question to all the experts out there who are suggesting to perform init of  the datasource....would he get the option of creating delta infopackage if he had not initialize it ?

Ather Iqbal Siddiqui wrote:

Now I have created an InfoPackage for delta update which is not working.

When executed, this infoPackage retrieves 0 records, whereas I have just added an invoice after full update. If I am right, 1 record should have been fetched.

@Ather : You create an infopackage for a datasource not for DSO ( 0FIAP_O03 is a DSO not datasource).

Kindly let us know what datasource you are using to fill this DSO ....is it 0FI_AP_4 ?

Be informed that generally all the FI entries will take 1 day to come and sit into Delta queue so you have to wait over night in order to have the delta available in BW.

Run your delta infopackage again tonight and you should probably get that delta record.

Regards.

former_member331912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Yes, it is 0FI_AP_4.

And I was getting the option of creating delta infopackage before I had initialized it.

Regards

Ather Iqbal Siddiqui

anil_babu13
Participant
0 Kudos

In 7.0 sys wont allow creation of delta infopackage without initialization. is it bcoz of higher versions r u getting this option?

thanks,

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After Full Load you have to run intialise delta with or with out Data Transfer

yatinsatam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ather,

Have you peformed init load for your datasource???

Regards,

Yatin

former_member331912
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure. Let me get back to you on this. Is this option to be checked for full update or delta update?

Regards

Ather Iqbal Siddiqui

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ather,

I agree with Yatin, You should perform an init load to allow delta loading later.

Do you use the standard extractor 100%, or did you enhance it?

Amine

yatinsatam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to perform init with or without data transfer to enable the delta load.

Regards,

Yatin

former_member331912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

I checked the option "Init with Data transfer" as seen in the image. Full update was performed earlier with the same infoPackage. Now should I create another infoPackage with "Delta Update" ?

Also, that 1 record I created in R/3 Dev isn't transferred to ODS yet. 

yatinsatam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ather,

Yes you will be allowed and you should create another info-package with delta update once you performed init load. The one record which you are waiting to come for that just check once in source system in RSA7 whether there are any records available in delta queue or repeat delta. If available that one record in delta than in delta run your record will be fetched.

Regards,

Yatin