cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver gateway for connecting ECC & UI5

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a requirement to implement SAPUI5 in our landscape. Currently our ECC is on version ERP 6.0 EHP6. The plan is to install a new netweaver gateway system and use that to connect ECC & SAPUI5 client tools. I've few queries as part of that,

1) What are the addons that need to be installed in new Netweaver gateway system?

2) What are the addons that need to be installed in the ECC system?

3) Whether installing the addons in ECC system require any downtime?

4) Whether installing the addons in ECC impact any other components like SAP_BASIS, SAP_APPL etc?

5) Can the new netweaver system be installed with 7.4 version whereas our current ECC SAP_BASIS version is 731?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Depending upon your deployment scenario, you need to choose the gateway addons. The recommended approach is central hub deployment and for that, you need to install GW_CORE and IW_FND on your gateway system. If this gatway system is NW7.4 you will have SAP_GWFND component bundled so no need to install any addon for gateway.

In your ECC system, you need to install IW_BEP component. For the question of having GW on NW7.4 and ECC on less, yes it will work without any problem.

You may like to read:

I am not sure about the downtime part but IMO it does not require downtime and will not impact other components.

Addtionally if you are planning to deploy your UI5 code on gatewy system, you would need UI coomponent also to be deployed on the gateway syste.

Regards,

Ekansh

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ekansh for the reply. Do the UI5 addons need to be installed in ECC as well in addition to netweaver gateway?

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the UI will be deployed to the gateway server i.e. AS ABAP. You do not need to install anything except IW_BEP on the backend ECC.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even IW_BEP is not needed in ECC system if one is going for Deployment option 2 as mention in

Apart from the major component there are some other components that may be useful depending on the USE case. Refer to Deployment Options - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library for more information.

For UI component information refer to Installation of UI Components - SAP Fiori 1.0 (Based on SAP Fiori Launch Page) - SAP Library

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Atanu Mallik for the details. We are implementing central gateway landscape which will be connected to different ECC systems. Without installing any add-ons in ECC, will we be able to use ECC as backend system for developing SAPUI5 applications through gateway.

SAPUI5 <--> Gatweway System (GGM) <--> ECC (FCM)

Sorry if the question is silly as I'm new to both SAPUI5 & Gateway

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use your ECC as backend system without having any gateway component installed on ECC.

You can install all three gateway components at the gateway server and create your services. These services will call RFC enables FMs from your ECC system. So you would just need some RFC destination and system alias config to make it work.

former_member221632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Ekansh. Just discussed with the development team, it has been agreed to go with option 1 (http://scn.sap.com/community/gateway/blog/2013/05/27/sap-netweaver-gateway-deployment-options-in-a-n...)

1) Gateway System - We will install Netweaver 7.4 system, it includes both Gateway (SAP_GWFND) & UI5 (SAP_UI) components by default.

2) Backend System (ECC) - ECC version is ERP 6.0 EHP6. We will install only the add-on component IW_BEP in ECC.

Even for this option 1, we dont need to install SAPUI5 addons in the backend system, am i correct? Hope no other additional addons would be needed either in gateway or ECC?

Also how do i validate if the version of gateway (NW7.4) is compatible with lower versions of backend systems? Is there any matrix?

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we have a matrix for comparing different SP levels. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1942072

You do not need to install UI addon in the backend. The additional addons that Atanu has mentioned are for specific purposes and are optional. For starting up the development, you don't need these. You can check the use case of these optional addons in the link mentioned by Atanu.

Regards,
Ekansh