cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPRS convertion to local currency - no update after billing date change

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an SD invoice in USD, local currency is RUB.

When billing document is created,  VPRS conditon is saved in the pricing procedure. For accounting purposes it's also calculated in local currency, exchange rate from USD to RUB is taken at the CondPriceDate (KOMV-KDATU)

When invoice is created, CondPriceDate (KOMV-KDATU) is equal to Billing date of this invoice.

But if we change the billing date in invoice (even before first save) then CondPriceDate (KOMV-KDATU) is not changed. It cannot be updated even via "Update" button at the Conditions page of invoice document.

So after first appearence in the invoice, CondPriceDate (KOMV-KDATU) for VPRS condition cannot be changed, and incorrect converted amount will appear in FI posting documents.

Is there any way to change CondPriceDate (KOMV-KDATU) for VPRS condition after creation of SD invoice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I agree with Phanikumar.

In standard system, "pricing date" field for VPRS is set to blank, which means KOMK-PRSDT is used.

If you want to use billing date for KDATU, you may consider set "pricing date" to 'C'(billing date) in V/06.

Best regards,

Tao

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Condition type Control in V/06-What was the Pricing date field telling for your VPRS condition type..

Pl check..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your copy control.  Have a look at note 92613 which explains in what circumstances, the local currency is converted.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, but I am not sure that this note is correct for this case.

This note says that " The system always uses the pricing date to determine the exchange rate for the conversion of the condition currency to the local currency."

I think it's not correct for VPRS condition.

In my case it's equal to the billing date when invoice is created (which can be different from pricing date) and then remain unchanged.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry it should have been 640692