cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two printers need to be setup for same output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

How do we create condition records for two different printers in VV61 with same output type and packing material type?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the material type (VHART?) is one of the key combination of the output type (check the access sequence assigned to your output type) you use, then you have to use two output condition records and for each output condition record you can maintain the proper output device.

If the key combination does not distinguish between the material types, you will have one output condition record only.

In this case, if all else fails, you can change the output device data via user exit EXIT_SAPLV61B_002 (enhancement VN000001)

BUT the packaging material type (VHART; if you are talking about this) is available in the field cataloge (application V6). Using this as key field, your problem can be easily solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba

Thanks for your reply.

The requirement is like this:

We have only one packaging material type CH01 and one output type ZCH1, two plants using the same packaging material type.

Plant 1 using Printer 1 & Plant 2 using Printer 2.

when I try to set up condition records in VV61, I can assign only one printer.

How do we create two different condition records based on plant?

Please guide me on the configuration steps.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) In the output condition record you can also define local printer, in this case the local Windows will be used.

2) The plant (WERKS) is also available in the field cataloge, so you can add it as a key field.

3) Other solution can be:

SPRO > Logistics - General > Handling Unit Management > Output > Assign HU Output Types and Printer to Print Profiles

(Here you can make printing profile and assign the printing profiles to output types. The printing profile can be assigned to users (via user parameters - please check the help documentation)

4) If the above solutions cannot work (I cannot see reason why 2) and 3) would not work), still you have the user exit I mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba

I tried your solution 3,

do I still need to maintain condition records in VV61 after maintaining the Printer to print profiles?

If I don't maintain, there is no output generated.

For the solution 2,

i can see only "shipping material type" as key combination in VV61. i don't see the plant combination, can you tell me how to bring plant as a key combination.

Many thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do some research - the web is full with picture guidelines on how to create condition tables and access sequences. directly in front of the IMG activity is a docu icon that guides you through the process. Help.sap.com explains it too: Create Condition Table - Message Control (CA-GTF-BS) - SAP Library (don't forget to navigate in the tree on the left)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3)

The configuration helps to redetermine the printer.

F1 help for the field:

"Description of print profile
By specifying a print profile, the printers for output processing are redetermined. You can, for example, assign the printers of a specific packing station to a print profile.

Using the parameter "PPT", you can individually define the print profile in the user parameters."

Please note that you also have to maintain the profile for each user.

2)

You have to make yourself familiar with SAP's condition technique.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/output+determination+using+condition+technique

(You will need a condition table in which one key field is the plant and assign it to the output type through an access sequence)

Answers (0)